For those travelling thru California. Harris Ranch to become the biggest Supercharger in the world.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is a message I was proud of. I configured my Zero SR motorcycle to allow a higher rate of charge than ANY car from a J-1772 and can charge in steps to even more than most J-1772 stations are capable of:

Dear Donald,

The station at which your vehicle is charging, DC CORRIDOR / COLFAX D&D L2, has detected that your Vehicle is drawing more current than the station's rating, and has suspended charging to prevent the circuit breaker from tripping. This typically indicates an issue with configuration of the vehicle or an issue with the battery management system on the vehicle. Please contact the manufacturer of the vehicle if you receive this notification again.

Team ChargePoint

I sometimes hog up TWO J-1772s at the same time to charge my motorcycle at 8KW.

The J-1772 charge stations can normally only handle 6.6 KW.

This is with external chargers that are non-stock that I wired up myself after having them programmed by Elcon.

I can safely charge my Zero SR as high as 1C, which is around 16.3 KW.

The battery in that motorcycle has a pricetag of $11,500.00. If I go above that 16.3 KW, a fuse INSIDE the battery, that is almost impossible to replace, will blow and I would be out $11,500.00.

The battery in these bikes cost more than half the price of the bike.

-Don- Reno, NV

Let me know when the various players in the EV market stop their quibbling and standardize on a single charging interface.
I just thought of something that I can complain about that is related. What made me think about this, is that I just received my card today from EV-Connect. Even to use most free charge stations, a card is required or at least handy. In some cases, a phone call can get a charge station activated. But there are some that are not in cell range, such as many the many charge stations EV-connect added in NV in the middle of nowhere. So if there is no telephone around, the card is the only way to activate the charger. However, that isn't the issue I am going to complain about.

There are many charge station companies. Ev-Connect, ChargePoint, GreenLots, EV-Go, Blink and many others. I won't mention the ones at the many Electrify America charge stations at Wal*Marts as they do not have their own card, which is even worse IMO.

The problem is I need a card for each charge company and sometimes a membership. And I have to pay for the card. The one I just received today cost me $7.50. I won't go broke over it, but it would be nice if I didn't have to carry a dozen cards for different company EV stations, even when it's all the same type of charge stations, but installed by different companies.

-Don- Reno, NV

Ah Yes. Well, not a problem for us. We have the adapter. We can charge at pretty much all of them. And no difficulty finding them as the cars software does that. Just ask it, with a polite voice of course. :).

And having said that, we generally use mostly Superchargers except when in a pinch.

Just ask it, with a polite voice of course.
I discovered just yesterday that we can ask for the type of charge station we want to search for. I guess we all know we can say "navigate to Supercharger". But yesterday, I tried "navigate to destination station ( or did I say charger?--which they aren't)" and also "navigate to J1772" . Both worked. I didn't think of trying to ask for the non-compatible chargers at the time, such as CCS. I assume CHAdeMO will work as many have the adapter. But they are usually together anyway. So I don't know if "CCS" will work. I don't have my Tesla here, so I cannot try it. I left it in Auburn, CA because I had to drive a Jeep back here for the NV smog test, as well as carry back the electric motorcycle back here on the hitch that I normally use on RV trips. I also use it here in Reno a lot.

I was asking in a buddy's new Model Y that he showed me yesterday for the first time. He ordered it just a few days after I let him do a test drive in my Model 3 a few weeks ago. He also received his very fast after the order. He got more for his money than I did in 2018. He paid 8K$ less than I did. However, his didn't come with all the charge adapters that my M3 came with. But he can buy a lot of charge adapters for 8K$. And he can tow with his (I wonder what that does to the range).

There were several small changes, such as his Model Y has inductive charging without cables to charge two cell phones just by laying them down. However, his cellphone is not compatible with inductive charging. My 2018 model three has USB cables. I don't know about the newer M3s.

But I see here it can now be added to our older M3's.

-Don- Reno, NV

I dare you to say “open butthole”. Not kidding. :) (A little Elon humour)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dlord
Back
Top Bottom