ford V-10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sid

WOULD  LIKE  TO  HEAR    THE  OPINION  OF  YOU  V-10  OWNER'S,  POWER,  MILAGE  OVER-ALL  PERFORMANCE

May I suggest that you do not use all cap letters in your message? Many of us find it hard to read and caps are the internet equivalent of shouting.

Most V10 owners are very happy and report mileage in a motorhome in the 7.5-10 mpg range, depending on the size & type of the rig. V10 powered trucks do better solo but towing drags them down considerably.

We have the Ford V-10 in a 06 33' Windsport.  I do not have any experience with other engines so I can not give you any comparison.  The engine has preformed very good and we get about 9 to 9.5 miles per gallon on the road.  It is quiet and provides plenty of power when I need it.    I just changed the oil and filter for $20, Ford oil and Ford filter (both readily available).  It was an easy task.  Only have 10k miles on it and do hope it continues to perform.  It is mated to the new 5 speed Ford transmission.    Hope this helps..

I have F250 V-10 and have been pulling a 39' Keystone Raptor and pull pretty well down long stretches. Slows down and drags considerably when I have to slow down or on steep inclines, but I never see the transmission getting hot, so for now it has been OK. I have not pulled it into any mountains.

I have a 24ft. Winnebago motorhome with a Ford v10 and haven't had any problems with it so far
it gets good gas milage and seems to have plenty of power for this size motorhome. I think it would pull a bigger motorhome with no problem. they use the same motor in the 27 and 29 ft. models. :)

We have a 2002 24' Itasca Class C with Ford V10, have only had it a month or so. Recently took it on a trip of about 300 miles round trip and got 10.5 mpg. We were traveling pretty light and didn't tow a vehicle, but we were very happy with that kind of mileage. Also quite pleased with the power, had alot more umph than we thought it might. :p

The primary consideration when selecting a tow vehicle is can it pull the intended trailer safely and legally.  If any of the weight ratings are exceeded it cannot tow the trailer safely or legally.

Surprised to see a V10 F250 pulling the Keystone Raptor as I would not be comfortable pulling it with anything less than a F350 DRW diesel based on weight ratings.  I have the Raptor and the ONLY truck rated to pull it properly is what I bought.  I did have a V10 E350 van and I loved the engine, hated the mileage, loved it to tow my 20 foot boat. 

I prefer the 460 for torque and HP.  As far as gas milage goes I used to get 12-14 in my 89 26ft. Tioga.  It was fuel injected and had overdrive tranny.  Never found another that would get that good of mileage. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KEC
Back
Top Bottom