Forum's exciting future

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Understood Mark. I and the active forum staff will continue here in our prior roles, and I suspect that many of our members who helped make this forum what it has become will also stick around. I've yet to see any "corporate changes", or any plans that I/we didn't already have, e.g. the migration to newer forum software.

To date, my behind-the-scenes interractions with Andy (our new forum owner), Janet (who manages/oversees forums in the RV Life group), and Mike (the server technical guru) have been nothing but positive and supportive. I've yet to see/experience anything that was "imposed from above". For the most part, Andy and his team have taken a hands-off approach. Mike communicated/worked closely with me during the forum move to RV Life's servers; Nothing was done without my prior knowledge, and my questions answered.

I've been on both sides of corporate mergers and acquisitions multiple times, and this is unlike any I previously experienced. It's also quite unlike the fiascos we went through while the forum was hosted on Compuserve/AOL. On the personal side, I no longer have to worry about paying the bills, or continually deal with server resources and related issues.

As someone who was an admin of RVParkReviews when Social Knowledge acquired it and who is still there today, I can say that Andy and Janet have done a lot to foster an environment in which the site can grow to achieve its potential.  They have both become friends and the RVPR site is much improved as a result of their involvement.  Change is always a bit scary, but, in this case, I think we will all find that the end result will be an even better site than we have today.

Joel (AKA docj)

Not sure if it is a change issue, her something suddenly on my end, but when I hit new replies to my post, it brings me back to the Home Page.  For one day, when the forum was loading it kept reloading.  I tried going direct instead of through a link on my browser, still missing the new replies function.

I will try deleting cookies next, (then probably have to recover password)

So Ive been out wandering the desert for the last couple of weeks or so and was unable to get online. This is my first time on this site since the change and, if not for Tom mentioning when it switched, I would not even know it had. Everything is the same so far. And the people are still just as friendly :D

Tom said:
On the personal side, I no longer have to worry about paying the bills, or continually deal with server resources and related issues.

I get it Tom. And I totally understand. I just find it sad to hear of you passing the reins. A job well done. Thank you.
And I wish the best to Andy and Janet in continuing the RV Forum fame.   

Thanks Mark. I believe things will essentially be unchanged and, meanwhile, I'm still here in an Admin capacity with no plans to move on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhoehn02
Back
Top Bottom