Front grill came off ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peggyy

Today the front grill of our new class a came off.  Now we are a long way from home.  Has anyone had this happen and can suggest a temporary fux that might get us back through our long journey?  I doubt duck tape will hold it. Thought about twist ties but dont want to damage the paint on our rv.  Help!

Can you post a photo, is it just the mesh part, maybe some screws backed out, it is really hard to say without seeing it.

JB Weld. Clean the metal to bare metal and glue it back on. You'll need to find a way to to hold the hood in place until the JBWeld cures.

Zip ties, Zip ties, Zip ties are all that is holding our grille, traveled home from Az to Oh with no problems or damage to grille. Easy to remove and secure grille properly now that we are home.

Bill

Isaac-1 said:
Can you post a photo, is it just the mesh part, maybe some screws backed out, it is really hard to say without seeing it.

I have posted a photo twice but for some reason it did not post. Sorry!

Dan

We were camping with them 2 weeks ago and never thought to ask. We was having
Fridge problems and have an app on fri with a service tech. Haven?t talked with
Him yet.  Yes see you and Marge in Q.

RVRAC said:
How did it come off?  What was holding it?

I guess its because we traveled over some very bumpy roads?  It was held by glue and screws.  We got some zip ties. He is working on it now.  Should be covered by warranty when we get home.

Dan and Bill we did get the fridge fixed in Shipsawanna by National RV Refidge a Amish guy works perfect. Could not raise the slide out floor so we still get a few scratches  still need to work on it. See you"all in Q

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom