Fuel Fill Slow on 2000 30' Winnebago Class-C

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saparry01

I have just purchased a used 2000 30' Winnebago Motorhome on a Ford F-450 chassis, and have filled it up about 6 times in the last 5 weeks and find it takes about 20-minutes to pump 45 gallons of gas.  It has a 55-gallon tank, but will only fill on the very slowest speed... not even able to be placed on the "1st click" on the pump nozzle.  I literally have to hold it straight up & down and barely squeeze the nozzle trigger or it back fills the filler tube and shuts off the pump.  Do I have a blockage?  Is this unusual?  Please, if any of you have had the problem, please respond with a fix.  Thanx.

It sounds like the vent tube is kinked or blocked.

Or the main fill tube. Try doing a visual inspection from beneath the vehicle for any severe kinking. You may be able to use an electricians fish tape to find/remove a blockage, but be careful to not push whatever it is completely into the tank or it may block the fuel pump or fuel feed line to the engine. Worst case, you may have to have the filler or vent tube replaced, or the tank dropped for closer inspection.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom