Fuel tank sender question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pgh_AL

First off im working with a 92 FLEETWOOD Pace Arrow. Has any one had any experience with the fuel tank sensor ? My reason for asking is because im entertaining the thought of changing out the instrument cluster .

Most or the gauges don't work the speedometer is the only thing oh and the temperature gauge works .And of course the odometer is caput . I can't get it legally inspected with an inop odometer

So i want to retrofit a cluster from another GM vehicle that has all analog gauges as well as the odometer. Getting my original cluster rebuilt is totally out of the question

Not going to happen . So what i need to know is what kind of fuel pump/sending unit or fuel delivery module do they use . Or do they just modify the GM P30 chassis sender ?

How can I find out ? The rest of the gauges I can figure out . If i have to drop the 60 + gallon fuel tank I'd like to be prepared . Thanks

There are really only two types of senders
The most common is a variable resistor. and far as I know the resistance is "Satandard" so any gauge of that type should be equally inaccurate.

The other (rare) type is a voltage divider

The first has one wire to the gauge and optionally a ground wire

The 2nd has 2 wires to the gauge and a ground wire.

There are really only two types of senders
The most common is a variable resistor. and far as I know the resistance is "Satandard" so any gauge of that type should be equally inaccurate.

The other (rare) type is a voltage divider

The first has one wire to the gauge and optionally a ground wire

The 2nd has 2 wires to the gauge and a ground wire.
That's what i think I need to know hopefully it the VR type . It's been a while since I've worked with gauges . And that was in the sixties and seventies as far as modifying . Thanks now all i have to do is wonder if the sender is any good or not Thanks again

That's what i think I need to know hopefully it the VR type . It's been a while since I've worked with gauges . And that was in the sixties and seventies as far as modifying . Thanks now all i have to do is wonder if the sender is any good or not Thanks again
Well as I said the other kind are kind of rare.

I don't know the resistance of the standard gauge but it is easy if you have access to the gauge lead

Hook a volt meter. Turn key to RUN no voltage = VR type Voltage = Differential type.

Well as I said the other kind are kind of rare.

I don't know the resistance of the standard gauge but it is easy if you have access to the gauge lead

Hook a volt meter. Turn key to RUN no voltage = VR type Voltage = Differential type.
Ok here's what I have the fuel gauge on the back of the cluster seems to have three terminals now one is marked ign im thinking ignition.

Other gauges have the same terminal. Does this denot that i have the VR type still ? This cluster is from a 99 GMC Yukon Denali

Attachments

• 20211111_050136~3.jpg
    20211111_050136~3.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 20211111_051217.jpg
    20211111_051217.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom