Fun Driving this week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John From Detroit

Well got my oil changed Monday IN Burton MI (Near flint) and headed south
Made Beaverdam (My usuall 1st stop) despite the first blizzard of teh season I can tell you I paid SERIOUS attintion to my driving and ignored my radios... Many cars, and small trucks and one semi in the ditch awaiting tow trucks.

Tuesday I made to to Corbin KY (My usual 2nd stop) Home of KFC's founder 

Today I'm in GA. about 3 hours out from my planned campground

Some minor vehicle issues.. but nothing I can not work around

But to keep comfy in the RV I have been using both the furnace AND the generator... Water has remained water.. Slide (Bedroom is the only one I put out) would not go out but a few inches Mon or Tue (Went fully out today) Due to frozen slide toper fabric..

Poor towed car gonna need a serious bath.

Glad you made it South without any problems. I probably over reacted to this first cold snap. Emptied fresh, gray, and black tanks. Put RV anti-freeze in gray and black tanks. And put clear plastic on the windows. Have 2 electric heaters and a Mr. Buddy propane heater. Nothing frozen so far. And I'm warm and cozy at +23 F. Rarely gets into single digits here, but think I'll be fine if it does.

Sounds like an adult beverage will be in order once you arrive at destination  8)

IBTripping said:
I probably over reacted to this first cold snap.
But if you hadn't, everything would have froze and broke.  Murphy man  ;)

Speaking of freezing.. I think I mentioned the campground in MI when they shut off water to the sites missed a line. 140 sites.. I got to the manager (my faucet was dripping) and told him just in time. They blew 'em out Sunday

My bedroom slide would not extend more than a few (just enough) inches till last night

I"m in GA now with a LOW of 32...  And the campground I'm headed for. Computer says full up (But they have some sites I think the compuiter does not know about that are "Good enough" for me.. Not for most but I can live without water/sewer for up to four weeks.  And if the weather is not much different 20 amps will do me.

Back
Top Bottom