Furnace operation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Assuming the 2022 RV is the one you are talking about, don’t you have a built sheet with all the components and their model numbers listed?
Nope. If I had anything like that, I would have noticed it.

All I have are a bunch of manuals that start with "if so equipped" and most do not even apply to this motorhome. A mostly useless set of many manuals. I assume they put in the same manuals for every RV made, for the house stuff.

-Don- 87547

In our rig, if the requested temp is more than 5 degrees off, the propane furnace is turned on automatically instead of the heat pump function.
This motorhome does the same thing. I found it is best to use only the electric during the day and only the propane during the night, when very cold as it was here last night.

Having it on electric will run the propane anyway when it is very cold. Propane works a lot better when very cold. And heats up the entire RV.

How do I install the heat strip in my rear unit? Does it need to be done up on the roof or can it be done from inside?

Of course, I will make sure it is not there before I start.

-Don- 87547

Don, contact Entegra for a configuration record. Guarantee they have it, even if you didn’t get a copy. They would want to make sure you don’t ask for warranty work on any component that the rig didn’t come with, so that record exists. BTW, ours was pasted on the back closet wall, so yours may be hiding in an odd spot.

Last edited:
BTW, ours was pasted on the back closet wall, so yours may be hiding in an odd spot.
I was just looking in every closet and other possible space. No luck. But in the process, I found the instructions to install the "optional heating unit" for what says is a Coleman-Mach 48000 series. Look like it must be done from the roof, but the instructions are not that clear, IMO.

But the unit shown shows all the controls right on the unit itself.

But I did find this part below interesting. Kinda something that I already figured out because these 120 VAC heater units are rather useless when very cold. They are only good for a little bit cold.

"Important Note:

The optional Heater Accessory is intended to take the chill out of the indoor air when the air is a few degrees too cold for comfort. The Heater Accessory is an effective "chill chaser". It is not a substitute for a furnace."

I find it is best to not use the 120 VAC unit at all during the night. It makes too much noise and doesn't really heat up the RV without the propane coming on. And I assume that is why they do NOT have it installed in the bedroom unit. It will be too noisy to sleep with it on, and still be rather useless.

So I decided I do not even want it. It probably won't make much difference other than in noise and most of the night the propane will be on anyway if it is selected on a very cold night.

-Don- 87547

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KEC
Back
Top Bottom