Gas Detector - CCI Pre-tell 2 model 7719

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lachaj54

Hello,
I have a 1995 Fleetwood Flair with the pre-tell 2 lp detector by CCI.  When I turn it on, it just beeps and blinks the green light.  what could be the problem and how can I fix it?  I don't think they make these models that power the 9vdc solenoid.  Any thoughts?

I need a new smoke detector to replace on where themounting bracket broke.  I was informed at the RV store that CCI is no more.  Another casualty of the recession that isn't.

Low voltage would do that.  A contaminated sensor element gives false alarms, and I assume that the "beep" is not the usual alarm signal. 

CCI Controls is out of business and there are only a very few of their units left on store shelves or ebay. You might want to grab one while you can.

I was told the other day by a friend who does a lot of RVing that if your dog lets loose while sleeping next to the LP detector it will set it off.  The only time it has gone off is when his dog was sleeping next to the detector.

lachaj54 said:
Hello,
I have a 1995 Fleetwood Flair with the pre-tell 2 lp detector by CCI.  When I turn it on, it just beeps and blinks the green light.  what could be the problem and how can I fix it?  I don't think they make these models that power the 9vdc solenoid.  Any thoughts?

You can still buy them here.

-Don- SSF, CA​

Well, I can not be sure without the owner's manual but to me that sounds like:

BEEP (one short beep) Power On Self Test completed successfully

Green Light: All is good

Hi John,
Yes, it just continues to beep after it runs its self test.  Its just continues chirping.  The green light also blinks.

lachaj54 said:
Hi John,
Yes, it just continues to beep after it runs its self test.  Its just continues chirping.  The green light also blinks.

Try unplugging (to "reboot") and removing it, blowing out any dust, etc. If that doesn't do it, junk it.

BTW, I just received my two "new" Pre Tell 22's today (model 7770.2) . The date stamped on both is "May 2006". They have no connector, just the two wires.

-Don- SSF, CA​

Spoke directly with Fleetwood on Friday.  Ordered a new unit.  With some modifications they say they have a new replacement.  It should be in this week.

http://www.baileyswholesale.com/search.php?PHPSESSID=95838cec7778dd9bdc87e4860de9f628&posted=1&stext=CCI+Controls+12+volt+Flush+Mount+LP+Detector+%287770.230%29

Got mine at above a couple weeks ago. The white one is pictured but they actually only have the brown for flush mount. They still had some white ones for surface mount. Got the brown and it actually looks better than the white (still need to replace the white screws though).

Ok, I received my new Safe-T-Alert detector today.  It only has 2 wires of course and they also provided this special harness for an additional 8 bucks.  Turns out, I don't need that because I don't have the correct plug to plug it in.  My old pretell 2 was connected with clamp type wire nuts.  I spoke with 2 different people at Fleetwood.  One guy recommended I remove the solenoid since as of 2005 they are no longer required per ANSI standards.  The other guy stated I should just connect it in.  The problem - There is no one off switch, and the unit does not put out a large enough pulse to open the valve.  On top of that, if it remains connected in as it is, it will always continuously drain my chassis battery.  What are you thoughts?  Right now, I removed the solenoid and directly grounded the detector to both the chassis and coach.  How many people with newer coaches do not have the solenoid?  I liked the idea behind it, but if it is not working the way should, I'll do away with it.

Hi

I am a newbie to the forum and am tackling an issue with my Gas Detector/Solenoid system, precipitated by a desire to have gas flowing on the recently purchased 1996 Fleetwood Jamboree Searcher.

Anyway, I have been tracing the wiring with a digital multimeter and suspect that the issue may be a faulty 0v common to the solenoid valve and lpg contents sensor.

I am led to this conclusion by two factors...

1. With a wire taken back to the 0v terminal on the fuse panel, there are infinite Megohms from that to the black terminal on the valve.
2. The gauge on the tank reads 1/2 full while the LEDs on the control panel read full. This is because, I believe, that the voltage comparator that drives the LEDs is not being pulled down towards 0v so assumes that the tank is close to 12v and false indicates full.

The screw terminals on the valve are a bit rusty but the connections are firm.

The 7719 appears to work normally... bleeping when turned on and flashing a green LED, but the gas valve was most certainly not turned on.
So my guess is that I have to beef up the 0v to the LPG tank components and maybe this will fix it. Has anyone else had this issue with bad connections in this area?

Geoff has already asked this question in another thread, so please make your responses there (link follows). Duplicate posts are neither necessary nor desirable.

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,27272.0/topicseen.html

RV Roamer said:
Geoff has already asked this question in another thread, so please make your responses there (link follows). Duplicate posts are neither necessary nor desirable.

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,27272.0/topicseen.html

Sorry... Newbie getting hang of forum.

:)

Does the pre-tell LP gas detector function on DC only? Have one in a 1989 tioga, has worked fine forever. Our tioga batteries are dead and we are currently just set up on AC but when I pushed the emergency start switch for the engine start it made our LP detector beep once and then lose power. Now it wont turn on again. No clue how to get it working again

Given these sensors go nose blind over time, it is generally suggested they be replaced every 7 to 10 years.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjay
Back
Top Bottom