Gas Grill Hookup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hatman52

Is there a convenient way to attach a gas grill to my 1995 Jayco Class C motorhome's built-in propane tank?  Is there a way to do it without disconnecting the existing line running to the appliances, etc, such as some sort of "splitter"?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Mark:

You can purchase a T fitting that will enable you to connect a hose for the grill BUT it must be installed before the regulator on your tank to feed your grill with high pressure LP.

On our coach that involved moving the regulator aft and putting the "T" just before the regulator.

http://www.marshallbrass.com/rv.htm 

Either of the top two products on the page,  The one on the left will do exactly what you ask, the one on the right will do that PLUS it will allow you to hook up an external tank to supplement the Jayco's tank for extended stays

Both can be found at most camping stores including Camping World stores

NOTE: I don't know about the one on the left but the one on the right, which I have, includes a safety cutoff valve, this may or may not cause a problem for you.

These valves are designed to stop, or at the least serverly restrict, LP flow when you blow a gas line,  I'd not trust my life to them, but it can help should "Stuff" happen

Back
Top Bottom