generator decibels question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sd couple92

Hi all, here is my question. I have an opportunity to buy a honda eb5000i for 2300.00 dollars. It has only been used a handful of times. These list for 3300.00 new. I was inclined to get the 3000eui (super quiet 58 decibels) this 5000 is 68 decibels...is 68 loud? I can basically get the 5000 for 300.00 dollars more than the 3000 but I am concerned about the noise level...is 68 acceptable in most campgrounds? I dont really have any info to to tell me how loud is 58 or how loud is 68. If anyone has any input we would appreciate your thoughts or experience.Thanks in advance, sd couple.

sd couple92 said:
....I was inclined to get the 3000eui (super quiet 58 decibels) this 5000 is 68 decibels...is 68 loud? I can basically get the 5000 for 300.00 dollars more than the 3000 but I am concerned about the noise level...is 68 acceptable in most campgrounds? I don't really have any info to to tell me how loud is 58 or how loud is 68. If anyone has any input we would appreciate your thoughts or experience.Thanks in advance, sd couple.

SD Couple,

Try this site for some information

Generator Noise

The thing about Decibles is they are bad, you do not want any

Each 3 DB represents a change of 2x,  Now what it is 2x of when it comes to sound I'm not quite sure (I think sound is DBi, and the "i" means something, but I'd have to go look it up.. I'm used to DBp (power)

But each 3 means double so 58 to 68 (10 db) is 10 x  That will be noticeably louder,  MUCH louder

Decibels are a logarithmic representation of power.  A 3 db increase is a doubling of the power.  It is also the smallest difference in volume the human ear can percieve.  If you turn something up until you just notice a change in level you will have made a 3 db difference in it's loudness.

A 10 db increase is 10 times the power.  To the ear, it sounds about twice as loud.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbwrecker
Back
Top Bottom