Generator recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Parsley

Looking for recommendations for a quiet 7500 generator. We have an onboard generator but we also want to have a portable generator. Researching has become exhausting! Thanks for any help.

We are powering the motorhome and a race trailer , battery charger air compressor lights. We have a 5500 cheap portable one that will not do everything the 4000 onboard generator will do we are trying to save the life of the onboard generator while we are at the track to use while we are traveling. So technically we could go to a smaller one but unsure what brand , any suggestions there?

Sorry, but I'm confused. The onboard 4000 watt generator powers everything but the 5500 does not? That doesn't compute, so the difference must be something other than wattage.

The better quality portables are Honda & Yamaha, but the less expensive competitors such as Champion have improved to the point where they are worthy of consideration. I would suggest an inverter-type generator.

https://www.championpowerequipment.com/product/100519-6250-watt-open-frame-inverter/

I would not be worried about 'saving the life' of the onboard generator. With proper maintenance and regular exercise it will probably outlast you

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoadSage
Back
Top Bottom