Georgetown by forest river

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MLR18

We bought a Georgetown forest river 5 series gt5 in 2017.  Have had nothing but issue after issue.  Main problem is air conditioners leak when running.  Supposedly dealer fixed, but it continues to happen.  This is our first class a.  Gas snyonecelse experienced this. We are to the point of looking for a new unit.  Any recommendations?

Is the leakage condensation in the ducts or exterior water seeping down from the roof?  Neither are common, but both do occur. The fixes are different. Exterior water may in fact have nothing to do with the a/c itself - it is common for any roof leak to appear at the a/c openings. A lot more detail is needed to guess what may be wrong, or even where to look further.

RV dealer shops are seldom great at diagnosis - they tend to do knee-jerk responses to symptoms without really investigating.  And too often sloppy at repairs as well.

Welcome to the RV Forum MLR18

Sounds like the dealer may not quite understand the problem. I'm assuming you are referring to a water leak. But the question remains...Where are you seeing the water?

I would suggest setting up the RV at their location and letting it run until said water starts dripping. Then they can start tracing the source.

If this is the only problem your having then I'd focus on getting it fixed as opposed to replacing the unit and finding new problems.

If your getting water leaking down from around the AC then its a simple fix.  Take the inside screen down.  Look, you should see 4 screws or bolts.  VERY carefully and VERY evenly tighten them down a bit.  There is suppose to be a rubber gasket between the AC base and the roof.  These bolts loosten over time, and can allow a leak. Be very cautious not to over tighten and do it evenly.

donn...
That was quite possibly the "knee jerk reaction" fix by the RV dealer.  It's is indeed a simple fix for the possibility of a roof leak around the a/c gasket.  It's NOT a fix for internal condensation and not a fix for a leak other than at the a/c.

Back
Top Bottom