getting ready to get ready

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JEFFRO67

hi i am new to rving i am  almost ready to retire and would like to travel with a 5th wheel. i bought a new truck [2011 f250 6.7] so i am halfway there. i would like a toy hauler to carry my bike . so for now i just look, listen and get ready to get ready      JEFFRO67

Sounds like you are Fixin to retire and go RVen.  Welcome to The RV Forum, Jeff.

Likely you will have questions and may even seek advice.  We are here for you.  If you don't find what you need in our library just ask and we will get back to you. 

Welcome aboard!

Good luck 5th wheel shopping. Just remember to not get more rig than your F250 can handle.

Congratulations.  Almost in the same boat.  Retired, just waiting for wife to do the same.  Going to part-time it.  No vehicle or toy hauler yet.  Looking for input on advantages between F350 vs 450, other than a slight advantage in tow weight.  Also looking for a higher end, larger toy hauler w/a garage large enough for two Harleys.  Again, any recommendations would be appreciated.
Rusty

lcv400 - a good friend is towing an Escalade toy hauler, triple axle, with an F-450 and is very satisfied. He carries his two Harley's in the garage and loves the way it handles. They have been all through the West in it with no issues.

Just a place to start looking!

JEFFRO67 said:
hi i am new to rving i am  almost ready to retire and would like to travel with a 5th wheel. i bought a new truck [2011 f250 6.7] so i am halfway there. i would like a toy hauler to carry my bike . so for now i just look, listen and get ready to get ready      JEFFRO67
Jeff - One word of caution. RV salesmen will say ANYTHING to sell you an RV. No matter how big the 5er is they will claim your truck will be able to tow it. So the first thing you need to do is find out how much your truck can safely tow, with the emphasis on safely, by posting your trucks numbers here. Then when you shop make sure you find out exactly how much the 5er weighs before signing on the dotted line.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FmStars
Back
Top Bottom