Getting ready to go full time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Racer

Hey guy's I have a few questions I need some input into.
A- What is the best state to buy a new rv in ( sales tax, Personal tax ect.)
B- what is the best state to buy  insurance in? ( I live in Florida were the cost is as high as God's front  door step)
A little input will always help

Where to make the purchase depends on a lot of things, not the least of which is what will be your state of residence?  The insurance will be based on the garaging address of the RV.

There is no one simple answer to these questions.  Each individual case is different and we need more details to help you make a choice.

Actually Florida is a pretty good place for RV purchases. You pay sales tax but there is no personal property tax or other taxes at purchase time and annual registration fees are trivial - tags for my coach are only about $45 yearly.  Many RV owners would kill for annual coists that low.  FL Insurance on a motorhome won't cost any more than a late model car (because almost all the "high cost" is in liability coverage and is not value related), so even though FL rates are relatively high it isn't too bad. And FL rates aren't much different than other populous states anyway. Rates are a bit lower in rural Florida than Miami/Ft Lauderdale, Tampa, etc.

Other popular places are Texas and South Dakota, if you can qualify for registration there.

Racer:

In most cases where you register the coach, not where you buy it will determine the sales tax and insurance. There are some states that will charge you their going rate but most will allow a drive-away permit to get it to your state of domicile. You then pay the use or sales tax when you get plates for the coach.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom