getting ready to retire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A big one, with as many amenities as you can afford.  ;)

Sorry, but you didn't give us much to go on.  How many people, travel frequently or an occasional weekend, maybe fulltime living?, what sort of space will you need for comfort, offroad vs groomed RV resorts, and maybe most of all, BUDGET!

I spent about 4 months looking on line(Facebook, Craigslist and other local sites). Just to get an idea on things that I would like. Once I narrowed down to size and budget I started shopping. I end up with a used TT that was either used lightly or WELL taken care of by the previous owners.

Good luck on finding the right match for you.

We just purchased our 41' DP - I just wrote a post, but I guess it has to be reviewed - because we will be living in it for a while. the best thing I can say is DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!! Real a lot and when you think you know enough READ SOME MORE!
See as many as you can, either at dealers or private party and when you find "The One" make sure you have it inspected by an RV inspector
Enjoy!

Bbthesailer said:
decision making time on what kind of rv to get??

What kind really depends on how you plan to use it.
Are you traveling? Will you be sightseeing at your destination?
Are you planning on brining toys, 4x4, boat, quads, snowmobiles, etc.?

Ikeshel said:
We just purchased our 41' DP - I just wrote a post, but I guess it has to be reviewed - because we will be living in it for a while. the best thing I can say is DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!! Real a lot and when you think you know enough READ SOME MORE!
See as many as you can, either at dealers or private party and when you find "The One" make sure you have it inspected by an RV inspector
Enjoy!

No, the post I read and quoted here was your first one. The review process is not used here AFIK and something must have gone wrong in your posting process. Try again if you wish. BTW Welcome!!

One of the things I harp about to RV newcomers is to leave your car-buyer mentality at home.  Buying an RV is essentially buying a house, with all the concerns of structure soundness, electric power, plumbing, roof & flooring, etc that can apply.  Worse, it's a furnished house, so you have appliances and furniture to consider as well. Buyers tend to focus far too much concern on engines and such, but these are little more problematic than the ones in a late model car or SUV.  The main vehicle concern with an RV is whether the chassis as a whole has enough weight-carrying capacity to do a good job of supporting the "house" built in top of it.

Think about your living space needs and storage, inside and out. Look for signs of shoddy construction and lower quality materials, especially in a new RV.  An RV is inherently a complex and expensive thing to build, so lower-priced models use a variety of short-cuts to keep the price down and hide them behind the bling.  It takes a discerning eye to spot quality differences in upholstery and flooring material, cabinet construction,  etc.  Shoddy or rushed construction is often hidden behind the walls and under the floors where few look.  Some of the concerns often found in lower-priced models include loose or unprotected wiring, inaccessible plumbing, cheap fixtures, and poor insulation.

Back
Top Bottom