Gonna Be A Warm One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WeatherWunder

Heading out to Branched Oak Lake this weekend.  For those non-nebraskans (how dare you!), that is 20 miles or so from Lincoln.  The lake is always busy, but we are meeting some friends and family out there for a camping weekend.

Heat Advisories have been issued, so thank goodness for Air Conditioning.  There will be plenty of boating done, so that will be nice as well.

I hope everyone has a great weekend if you are going out camping!  Even if you don't go camping, have a great weekend!

~Jeff

Enjoy the weekend, but do it safely.  Be very mindful of the heat and very careful on the water.

Oh having graduated from the U of Nebraska-Omaha, I can relate to how hot it can get. Remember to put on sunscreen every two hours. Being on the water will intensify the rays. But above all have a great weekend. Wish I was able to take my trailer out this weekend but unfortunately I need to work.

This Nebraska weather is HORRIBLE!! The heat and humidity this past week has been almost unbearable. Doesn't look like it's going to improve anytime soon either.  :mad:
Anyway, I have very fond memories as a kid with my grandparents out at Branched Oak. Haven't been out there in forever though. Have fun and be careful out in that heat!

Can you ship some to the northwest, we will pay the freight. This is not what we call summer.

We have spent the past couple of days in Waseca, MN visiting Sue's neice and family. Left there after lunch on a cloudy, cool day and headed west. Ran into a line of heavy T Storms 30 miles west of Albert Lea and are now in Adrian, MN in southwest MN. Temp when we arrived around 5:30PM was 89 degrees but the humidity has to be in the high 90's.

Miserable but we will be enjoying the Black Hills by Wednesday.

Its been hot here in Husker state and it's going to even be hotter this weekend but it's Nebraska, the corns growing like crazy and us humans are melting  ::) It's even to hot to go out on the lake (Harlan County Lake) so we just stay in the A/C in the afternoon. Almost ready to depart our Home Base and head north then east before heading south again. We love coming back to Nebraska for May and June but July and August not so much, normally we go into the Colorado mountains this time of year but we had other obligations so maybe next year. Have a great weekend Jeff  :)

Denny   

Weather Wunder- I no longer live in Nebraska. I am origninally from Northern Wisconsin and thus missed our the deep woods style of living. My wife and I settled in the Upper Penisula of Michigan which suits us very well. There are so many beautiful places to camp and visit which allows us to enjoy our trailer all summer and not have to worrying about the outrages gas prices!

Milwaukee is supposed to hit a "Feels like" of 106F today.  And me with only one working air conditioner :(  I may have to go shopping just to cool off.

It's 58 right now on the way up to a sizzlin' 64 this afternoon.  I sure like spending summers on the Oregon coast rather than back home in central Texas.  Don't know why that might be. ;)

Ken:

We are still in Sioux Falls. We renewed our DLs and registered the new CRV today and will head for Rapid tomorrow.

Some of you may remember our stories from spending the summer in Surprise last year while our Arizona room was being built. Today it is 100 here with high humidity and none of the 115 degree days we had in AZ last year compares to this! We have managed to avoid this kind of heat and humidity since leaving IL in 2000 and it is miserable! We've spent the mornings this weekend shopping, afternoons movie going, and then eating out. When we come back to the m/h we don't leave.

We leave for Rapid tomorrow but may keep on going to the mountains if it doesn't start to cool off.

Jeff,

You can always go to Custer. The town itself is 2,000ft higher than Rapid and usually tracks 10 deg cooler. 90 deg now, but by Weds down to 80 the into the mid 70s.

St. Ignace, MI is 81 deg right now (6pm)

ken

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thumpercolt
Back
Top Bottom