Good afternoon from Lake Stevens, WA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grizz Travels

The wife and I picked up 2007 Itasca Horizon in late March of 2021, hoping to go see America one day. I just happened to stumble across this community after viewing Jane and Johns website. If you have an older Horizon, you might want to check it out. They have lots of mods and repairs they've done to their rig.

We spent a good two years researching RVs of varying types, to discover which was the best for us. Initially, we had planned on getting a shorter diesel pusher, around 35 feet or so, from the pre-DEF era. But as we found out, those are getting harder and harder to find. We expanded our search parameters a bit, and found our current rig, which appeared to be in good shape, and had relatively low miles on it. We've affectionately named her Grizz.

Over the last six months, we've made several trips around Washington, northern Idaho, and Western Montana, with our most recent Journey taking us to Rollins, MT, on the shores of Flathead lake. Thus far, we've managed about 4,000 miles with the Grizz, and it has been a blast. I'll be retiring in about 14 years, so I'm looking forward to seeing more of the country after that. Curious thing about living in the upper-left hand corner of the country: everything else is so far away!

We've had our trials, though. Grizz is currently in the shop, waiting on a slide ram replacement, which was also affecting the leveling jacks. Now, if we could just get HWH to send out that slide ram, we could get back on the road. We had a trip planned to the southwest (Nevada, Arizona, etc), but, we'll be taking the Durango for a "standard" road trip.

Hope everyone out there is having a great day! Enjoy your journeys, keep it between the ditches, with the shiny side up.

Attachments

• 602a0666e0603872f53f2430.jpg
    602a0666e0603872f53f2430.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 4
Welcome to the Forum. Beautiful rig you purchased. Hope you can get it back on the road soon.

Thanks for the welcome!

Looks like HWH is still not delivering the goods, so no slide ram for a bit. Might just be winterizing for the season, and building up for next year. Bonus is, when the service center was backing the rig in to a service bay, they bashed the driver side mirror. At least they owned up to it, and are replacing it at their cost, though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Dog
Back
Top Bottom