Good deal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I initially posted in the wrong forum.

My wife and I are looking at a new '22 Wildwood X-Lite 19DBXL to tow with our '13 Durango. The dealer is taking $12K off MSRP to bring it down to $25K. I understand this is the time for old stock to move off the lot. Thoughts?

Thank you to everyone for the already posted advice. There is a lot of information available here, and we are most appreciative.

Jumping into Life

I understand this is the time for old stock to move off the lot. Thoughts?
The only way to be sure if that is a good price is to find that same trailer for sale at other dealers and compare prices. Because there is no legal requirement that the dealers show you the true factory MSRP, many of them create their own and then show discounts from it. Very seldom will you find two of them configured the same. Looking online I found them advertised from $24,997 to $15,911.

Sound advice from Kirk. Unlike with autos, RV dealers can and do produce their own "Suggested Retail Price", often inflated with dealer add-ons so they can advertise discounts without actually lower their profit margin.

Rvs sold like hot cakes during the pandemic and production was low, so no dealer has a lot of "old stock" to get rid of. They are getting new rigs delivered and trying to make quick profits before higher finance costs and inflation makes RVs unaffordable by many.

Make sure you get an out-the-door price. Another tactic is to quote a lower price on the trailer itself, but then add numerous fees, e.g. dealer prep, demonstration & walk-thru, steep processing fees for title & tags, etc.

Last edited:
I highly doubt they would mislead me in any way..
If you are serious, I hope that you are right as being wrong could cost you a lot of money. Commissioned salespeople who never cheat a customer are very rare. I worked in the service side of a business with commissioned sales for 32 years and had to deal with the customers after the sales.

Last edited:
Yep, being sarcastic. I apologize for the tardy reply.

Going a different route, the job changed locations on me. We will be in Fairbanks, AK now.

I think we are looking into ice house RVs.

Coachman in that era, put out manuals that covered sever similar units and you picked out items that fit your model. Yes Forest river will not even provide any drawings even on my 1999. They told me anything after the buy out in no longer supported

Back
Top Bottom