Great news Negative test

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HueyPilotVN

I just got a call from the emergency department.

She said that no test is 100%, But that mine was NEGATIVE.

I almost started crying, I was so sure based on the symptoms.

I had already started transferring assets and giving things away.

I even wrote some undated signed checks in case it happened suddenly.

Old Crow, I am relieved but also so sorry for your loss.

Now the bad news is that you all have to put up with me for awhile longer

I got so emotional that I set off me Cardiovertor.  It paced but did not shock me, my heart rate is back to normal.

Feel like throwing a big party, of course that would probably set off a Super spreader from one of the guests.

Best news so far this year! Well done Bill, we knew if the Vietnamese couldn't get you, Covid didn't stand much chance.

DonTom said:
I am sure glad to hear that!

But what do they  think your COVID symptoms were caused by?

-Don-  Turlock, CA

Don,

I am not sure, but I can tell you this:

I think that many of us have been experiencing a great psychological strain that makes the common symptoms seem amplified.  Loss of appetite, smell, and taste can seem worse than it really is.  My rib pain might have been related to doing to many things the morning before I went to the ED.

Two of the important signs, (Fever and Low blood oxygen), were not present, but I was sure that I had it.

I was so sure that I had already began making provisions to distribute and transfer assets.

I am so very relieved and thanks for the support it sure helped.

Finally I still feel so sad for Old Crow's loss.

I am thrilled to hear this Bill. However I am going to get all legal here and say we ALL should have our affairs in order whether or not we are ill. Make a will, set up a trust, keep the account numbers in a place where they can be found, set up a medical power of attorney, etc. - whatever makes sense for an individual?s situation. We should never leave our loved ones not knowing what to do.

Hooray, happy for you.  Hope whatever is making you feel under the weather passes as well. 

Awesome Bill. I made up a list for Lucille with all the tel. Numbers she would need if I go 1st. Also which numbers need notarized/certified death certificates. Some need originals and some can work with copies. Both of my daughters have it along with our wills and living wills. And a statement in the envelope with our request to be cremated. Just something to think about.

When it comes to estate planning in the era of Covid, particularly for older couple, everyone should keep in mind the strong potential that both the husband and wife may potentially die of it within hours or each other.  This happened a couple of weeks ago to our local area former state representative and his wife, they died only about 12 hours apart.  Also there was a couple in my town, the husband was one of my former high school english teachers about 35 years ago (he was still teaching at 73 when he caught it) who died of Covid, they both caught it back in April, she passed away within a couple of weeks and he lingered for months on a ventilator before succumbing to it in early December.    The last I had heard before he died was that he had been taken off the ventilator in September, but was still hospitalized at that time in a long term care facility of some type.

Ike

ps it is amazing how ones perspective changes with time, back in high school he seemed to be one of the older teachers, as he had been teaching for over a decade at the time.  Looking back now he would only have been about 39 years old when he taught me English.  Maybe it was because he was always a bit of a rugged individual, he was a Vietnam vet, semi active hunter, as a side job did stone carving for the local monument shop, he also did ice carving for the school prom punch bowl each year.

Our nephew had it way back last January before we knew very much about it.  He knew he was very sick and so miserable he knew he was going to die, but not what it was.  He has since been tested for the antibodies and sure enough he had Covid.  He had attended a conference in San Francisco and was in close contact with a lot of Chinese nationals.  They went back to China and the border was closed soon after.  Because of the symptoms it might be worth getting the antibody test just so you know for sure.

ArdraF

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizwood71
Back
Top Bottom