Green for the greater good

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
they then become vested in the very system they hoped to change
Some become vested (graft, insider trades, foreign deal kickbacks) because they're greedy.
Some are compromised and then threatened (Epstein, Chinese brothels and other honeypots).
Some are framed (incriminating evidence placed on computers, past associates paid to bring bogus claims/charges, etc.
Put it all together and probably 90% of them are puppets on strings.

Last edited:
Reactions: RNS
I find it strange that some of the new green laws apply only to the cities, whereas, in rural regions of the country it's business as usual due to written in exceptions.
Not strange at all. A lot of people doing something small in a constrained area is different than a few people doing something small in a big area. A campfire in a campground 10 miles from a city has a minimal impact. Wood stoves in a large city have large impacts. I lived in the Salt Lake City metro area. They would ban wood fires when the smog got really bad. No problem having a wood stove outside the population centers though. Same idea.

Not strange at all. A lot of people doing something small in a constrained area is different than a few people doing something small in a big area. A campfire in a campground 10 miles from a city has a minimal impact. Wood stoves in a large city have large impacts. I lived in the Salt Lake City metro area. They would ban wood fires when the smog got really bad. No problem having a wood stove outside the population centers though. Same idea.
The new January 1st, 2024 Colorado ban on plastic bags though is once again exempt from the small rural region stores, but not for the city chain stores. My guess is that city folks have a lot of trash and smog issues.

I find it strange that some of the new green laws apply only to the cities, whereas, in rural regions of the country it's business as usual due to written in exceptions.
One step at a time. Get the major consumers of Fuel in the population centers on board, and the dynamics of fuel supply can change.
Out on the Eastern plains the conversations are beginning to move towards alternative fuels for farm machinery, even as we see new wells being drilled to suck the remaining oil from the ground.
Farmers and Ranchers are coming around to the ideas of Windmills, and Solar farms, and Electric Tractors, and such.
It's still a long slog, and you don't get that herd of cattle to turn on a dime.
And, It IS for the "Greater Good."

The new January 1st, 2024 Colorado ban on plastic bags though is once again exempt from the small rural region stores, but not for the city chain stores. My guess is that city folks have a lot of trash and smog issues.

Out in the "Country" people don't just toss those bags after getting the groceries out of them. If you go into the average farm house, you'll find them being re-used several times over before they end up in the trash. The stray grocery bag is a City/suburb problem.

I have no shortage of people ranting in my life. Tilting at windmills.

"... give me the serenity to accept things I cannot change..."
There’s a difference in cannot and choose not and otherwise I think there’s more to that, maybe, “the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference”. No one ever finished a marathon without taking the first stride.
And the will power not to shank a fool today. Amen...:sneaky:

Unfortunately the number one goal of a politician is to stay elected so they then become vested in the very system they hoped to change.
This unfortunately appears to be true in many if not most cases. The solution may be rather simple. Term Limits for both elected and appointed officials including SCOTUS.

Getting there is a bit more complicated. And the way the two sides of the political spectrum treat each other today, I'm not going to bet much on an outcome that will serve the people.

This unfortunately appears to be true in many if not most cases. The solution may be rather simple. Term Limits for both elected and appointed officials including SCOTUS.

Getting there is a bit more complicated. And the way the two sides of the political spectrum treat each other today, I'm not going to bet much on an outcome that will serve the people.
"You get what you settle for."
-Thelma (Thelma and Louise)

You're asking the corrupted to make a law limiting the degree to which they can be corrupt. Good luck with that.

Not asking politicians to do anything. I may be wrong but I don't think term limits is up to elected officials. At least not in California. This from the Secretary of States office... Your state may differ but I'm guessing it's similar.

Not asking politicians to do anything. I may be wrong but I don't think term limits is up to elected officials. At least not in California. This from the Secretary of States office... Your state may differ but I'm guessing it's similar.
Keep us updated.

Politicians and their supporters only promote changing the rules when they are not winning on the issues put forth by their side. There are rules of order for altering or upgrading well established policies that has gotten bypassed on a whim for a while now, as long as no one in a neutral party stops them.

Even when a ruling comes down that voids or reverses some abuse of power, we have seen that these rulings gets totally ignored and the abuse continues on without a second thought. . Win at all costs,with their supporter cheering.

I, for one, absolutely HATE battery operated tool. Electric tools that can stay plugged into a wall outlet are OK.... but those battery operated ones are horrible and here's why?

Whenever I use a battery operated "tool", the battery is almost always dead, needs to charged, or has failed completely and the entire tool will never work again because they quit making that specific battery.

Second.... if the battery IS charged, it's ALWAYS a very short run cycle and then the battery has to be charged again. In other words, when I run my power tools, I'm usually running them for hours on end.

So, fast forward. I am currently volunteering at a Louisiana State Historic Site. Although it wasn't my duty, I thought I'd help out and blow the leaves from around the visitor center / museum and help out a bit. So I did.

Their leaf blower ... you guessed it ... rechargeable battery.

OK, I gave it a try. 10 minutes later, the battery was discharged completely. I was not able to complete blowing everything that needed blowing off.

IT WAS THEN I REALIZED "GREEN FOR THE GREATER GOOD" really is BETTER for the "greater good!" Oh yes!

I was forced to stop. I couldn't finish the job because the battery was completely discharged and there was no second battery. Who got the "greater good!" Well ... I did! I couldn't continue working! I went back inside the visitor center and just started reading books again! If you use battery operated devices.... yep ... you'll have lots and lots and lots of "rest" while those things charge up! I guess our gooberment truly is looking our for my welfare.... they don't want me to work "too" hard now, do they!

I am totally fine with the current reelection cycles for Congress and Senate. Don't get me started on campaign finance though - LOL...

Senators definitely need term limits. Like no more than 4 terms - 24 years... It's a bit nutso to think a 90 year old has the pulse on a constituency...

SCOTUS is tougher. Needs to change but mandatory retirement age is sexist, I guess... Term limits are not the entire answer as the supremes need a lot of experience on the bench. But maybe a term limit of 16 years - 4 presidential cycles?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom