Greetings and Salutations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Probe1957

From central Illinois. As I like to say, if God wanted to give the world an enema, this is where he would stick the syringe.

The wife and I will be retiring the middle of next year and are just beginning the process of buying an RV. I think we are leaning toward a travel trailer in the 25-28 foot range and something to pull it with. Maybe an F250 a few years old. Initially our plan would be to winter in the RV and summer in Illinois. So living in the RV maybe three months out of the year.

We would travel with the RV. spending maybe a month in say, Texas, then pack up for a month in Florida and finally a month in California (or whatever) before heading home. It would just be the two of us.

Any comments and suggestions you more experienced folks might have is appreciated. We are clueless but committed to learning enough to make the right purchase decision.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Good to have you join us.

One thing to consider is payload of the tow vehicle not just towing capacity. Lots of info if you do a search.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, so please ask anything you need to.

Good luck with your search!

Welcome from your northern neighbor. There are many threads on the trials and tribulations others have went through on here

Just to kind of follow up on where we are in our buying process.

About a week ago we bought a 2020 F-250 Diesel. Lariat Ultimate trim level. 4X4. Black. I am beyond delighted. Although prices have pulled back a bit since we first started looking, I still feel like we paid too much, but it truly is only money. At some point, if we are going to pull the trigger we had to pull the trigger.

Fairly early in the process I found myself gravitating toward Grand Design travel trailers and although I broadened my view at one point, briefly, I came back quickly to being pretty certain I would end up with one of two GD model, their 2670MK or the 2970RL. I really liked the opposing slides in the living area of both floor plans.

Long story short, I think we are about to pull the trigger on a 2670MK, 2021 model. Found it online through a broker. We go Sunday to take a physical looksie and will decide then if I want to have it professionally inspected. Barring discovering any significant deficiencies, this will be our first RV.

It is absolutely insane how fast these things depreciate. So many people trying to sell their RV seem to owe more on them than they are worth. I really think some people got hurt in the move down in prices over the last year or so. I guess I might as well take advantage of their misfortune, but I certainly don't delight in it.

Ugg. I just deleted a novel here. I should have read all the posts and noticed the date of the original posters first post on this thread.

Congrats on your decision. I hope the Grand Design works well for you!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom