Greetings from AZ!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

3Horse

Looking forward to learning lots from the very knowledgeable forum members here.

We have recently sold our fifth wheel and replaced it with a 3 Horse living quarters gooseneck trailer. (I'm so original with my forum name). Our fifth wheel had waaaaay more room and storage and tank storage, but we basically made this horse trailer into a toy hauler and we put our Honda Pioneer side by side in the horse compartment.

When we get to our campsite and unload the buggy, we now have a huge mudroom/closet/kennel for the bird dogs.

So far this is all working very well for us, but we get some very strange looks from our neighbors when we are in a regular RV park. In fact , there is one park that said we were not welcome there at all, even though our trailer has NEVER had a horse in it.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here, hoping to answer any questions about our rig and always on the lookout for hot tips on storage, safety, etc.

Welcome to the forum, that's nuts that you were turned away even though you didn't have horses with you. I'm going to have to Google a 3 horse gooseneck trailer, I have no idea what that is lol

Interesting, I've seen those. Do you smell the horses from the living area? I would love to walk through one and see the floor plan, the pictures I see online are all from the outside. Do you have a kitchen and bathroom like a toy hauler would have?

Hi and welcome to the forum.  You will no doubt have lots of experiences to share with others too.

I'm sure you will get used to the change soon enough and I hope you manage to find RV parks which are not so picky!

Safe travels.

There has never been a horse in the trailer, so no smells. Also, there is a solid wall with a door in between the "mud room/toy hauler" area and the living quarters. Full shower, separate sink and vanity, RV toilet. Big fridge, micro, 2 burner propane stove. Double sink, hot and cold water, AC, heat, Dish network and entertainment system.
We miss some things about the 5th wheel but the positives far outweighed the negatives for us. Superior construction, lighter weight, no roof maintenance, easy hook up for one person, nimble to maneuver and soooo nice to haul down the highway.
I attempted to post a photo but mine was too large and I'm not sure how to reduce it to fit yet.
IDK if we are going to have a problem getting into other RV parks or not. I hope NOT!

Back
Top Bottom