Halloween

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chameleonxanth

We are fans of Halloween but live in an area that gets no candy-seeking traffic.  I am wondering if Halloween tends to be a celebrated event at RV sites?  It would be so much fun to decorate the RV and give out candy.  :)

Try a campground at your local State Park. The one close to me goes all out at halloween. Not only do rv'ers get into it, but a lot of locals take their children there for the festivities. Halloween just isn't our thing though. It would be nice if folks got that excited about Easter.

I know that the KOAs and Jellystones I've looked at do.  Usually,every weekend in October.  We went to the Jellystone in Hagerstown,MD two years ago.  I was amazed at how much effort some people put in for a weekend stay.  They even had a haunted trail set up.  Definitely fun.

kdbgoat said:
Try a campground at your local State Park. The one close to me goes all out at halloween. Not only do rv'ers get into it, but a lot of locals take their children there for the festivities. Halloween just isn't our thing though. It would be nice if folks got that excited about Easter.

Oh awesome.  I'll look into that; thank you.  :) 

Pugapooh said:
I know that the KOAs and Jellystones I've looked at do.  Usually,every weekend in October.  We went to the Jellystone in Hagerstown,MD two years ago.  I was amazed at how much effort some people put in for a weekend stay.  They even had a haunted trail set up.  Definitely fun.

This is so great.  I'm excited at the prospect of decorating the RV and handing out treats.  I've missed that so much.  :)  What is a KOA? 

I will finally have an excuse to dress up as a harlequin.  :)

The RV park we stayed in last year had a halloween event. They gave prizes for the best decorated rv and let the kids go trick or treating in the park. We had about a dozen kids, and way too much candy, so we gave candy to the adults also. The next morning the office was full of candy from everyone dropping off their extras.

cadee2c said:
The RV park we stayed in last year had a halloween event. They gave prizes for the best decorated rv and let the kids go trick or treating in the park. We had about a dozen kids, and way too much candy, so we gave candy to the adults also. The next morning the office was full of candy from everyone dropping off their extras.

I love the idea of a contest for best decorations on the RV's.  :)  Fun.

Back
Top Bottom