Happy to get out there!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome! Would love to hear what you'll be traveling with/in!
Hey thanks! We just purchased a new Class C Thor Four Winds 31W (E450). Toad pending...

I was thinking to add it to my profile panel, but have not figured out how to do so yet.

Welcome and congrats on getting your new "C" and hope your return to RVing is successful and happy!

We are not full timers, but we use our fifth wheel full time. Even when parked at home, we live in it and use the house, well ... for an electricity and a water source. I do occasionally mow the grass.

For us, the travel is not so significant any more, although we do love to travel. What we enjoy is the fifth wheel itself. We just can't get enough of it, no matter where it is parked. I hope yours grows on you as much as ours has! Great times are ahead!

Again, congrats!

Nice rig! We're also in the toad pending category lol. We're thinking a Jeep TJ/LJ. It needs to be an automatic transmission, so our options are a bit limited.

Hey thanks! We just purchased a new Class C Thor Four Winds 31W (E450). Toad pending...

I was thinking to add it to my profile panel, but have not figured out how to do so yet.
Welcome. Nice Class C.

If you want to add your info, click your name, Account Details.. preferences, then Signature.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Good to have you join us.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, so please ask anything you need to.

Safe and happy travels.

Nice rig! We're also in the toad pending category lol. We're thinking a Jeep TJ/LJ. It needs to be an automatic transmission, so our options are a bit limited.
I'm thinking small pickup that's to-friendly, which means Ranger, Colorado/Canyon, or Gladiator. I need to do some homework...

I know the feeling of anticipating some great fun in your RV, seeing the sights, and enjoying the trail. Congrats!
Needing an automatic transmission in your toad really isn't as limiting as you might think. We had a real nice Cherokee Overland automatic, and I think most Jeeps are automatic and with the right transfer case are towable. Then Ford offers some hybrids that are towable. We are hoping to find one of those cute Mavericks to do the job, but wouldn't you know it? The Mavericks and Escapes that are hybrid and towable four down are no longer "available" to order! They will be back though, maybe already are. LOL, of course, we are finding some used ones that cost slightly more than a new one would. Go figure!

Good luck with that search, and mostly it's great you are back to the lifestyle enjoying your RV. Maybe we will see you out there. Happy Trails!

and I think most Jeeps are automatic and with the right transfer case are towable.
While there are some Jeep models which aren't flat towable, my 2015 Wrangler Sahara 4WD with automatic transmission is definitely just hook up, put transfer case in neutral, transmission in Park and Tow Away! The 2003 Wrangler Sport I used to have was the same, except it needed a key in the ignition (steering unlock).

With a normal transfer case (some do crazy things) an automatic transmission is a non-issue.

I'd definitely try to get something you can go off road in. There are many exceptional places to see that way.

I'd definitely try to get something you can go off road in. There are many exceptional places to see that way.
Same! We enjoy the forest road in the UP of Michigan and other places. For the Colorado/Canyon we would get the offroad version. For the Gladiator, well it has 10" clearance for the base version which is impressive. Need to check on the Ranger offroad option. Fun times!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom