Harquahala Mountain Blossoms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim Dick

Moderator Emeritus
After viewing the flowers at Alamo Lake, we drove part way up Harquahala Mountain to see what had changed since we were there a two months ago. The number of flowers blooming had quadrupled at least! The whole sides of some of the mountains were yellow. This is a great time to visit the mountain. I've attached a few pictures for your enjoyment.

Attachments

• Desert Poppy.jpg
    Desert Poppy.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Moajve Astor.jpg
    Moajve Astor.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Poppy Field.jpg
    Poppy Field.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 36
  • s Clover.jpg
    s Clover.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Saquaro & Flowers.JPG
    Saquaro & Flowers.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 34
Nice images, Jim. I have been to the desert many times, but never when it was in bloom. "M'be next year," as we like to say up here in Chicago.

But I have a better chance of seeing the desert in bloom than the Cubs or Sox have of winning a pennant, or the Bears have of winning the Super Bowl.

Chet18013 said:
Now I really am upset that I can't see those flowers and the desert!!

Chet,

The desert flowers around Moab should be in bloom when you get here.  It's not just death valley that has an abundance of flowers this year.  :)

Phil

Jim

Great pics Jim, sure wish Ned and I were traveling with you and Pat to see all the flowers.

Hi Chet,

Thanks. Wish you were here! We're in Inyokern, CA about 140 miles from DV. It'll be a long day if we go but might be worth it. It's been raining today and expect rain tomorrow. Hope it clears soon!!!

[Nice images, Jim. I have been to the desert many times, but never when it was in bloom. "M'be next year," as we like to say up here in Chicago.]

Thanks, Don. Unfortunately the desert isn't like this every year. Hope you hit a good one!

Back
Top Bottom