Has Covid Vaccine Arrived in Your Area Yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got my Covid19 vaccination yesterday. Everything really went smooth. I showed up early and they took me right in. I was finished shortly after my appointment time. No pain or any problems. This was at Health First here in Melbourne, Florida.

We have appointments on Thursday 1/14/21 in Chapel Hill,  NC. We are in group 1 in phase 1b.

Ex-Calif said:
I am really aching to see some infection rate data for people who have been jabbed.

i.e. Health care workers in Covid wards.  Presumably there was an infection rate and we should see like a 95% reduction, right...

It will be several months before we will have enough vaccinated people in the population to start seeing any meaningful data.
one thing to keep in mind, even after vaccination, exposure within ten to fourteen days can cause an infection, and an exposed person can infect others. There is one case of a nurse who was vaccinated expressing symptoms two days later. He apparently was exposed just prior to being vaccinated.

2021 will likely be a year of COVID related problems.

On the up side, FLU cases are at an all-time low so far this season.

It will be several months before we will have enough vaccinated people in the population to start seeing any meaningful data.
That would be great, but from what I read pretty optimistic.  I'm 77 and from what I've read will be eligible for a vaccination after 5 million other Angelenos are vaccinated.  Based on the many roll out problems, I'm more likely to die from old age.  ;)

Just an update here, as I mentioned before my mother was on the list at the local pharmacy for the initial 100 doses assigned to our area.  As of today Sunday (6 days after sign up), she has not been contacted for an appointment yet, however a couple she knows that were a few spaces up the list from her got their vaccination on Friday.  I don't know if they ran out before getting to her name, or what, hopefully if they did, she will be at the top of their list for the next scheduled batch, that is expected in about 10 more days.

I've had both of  my doses of the Pfizer vaccine since I am a volunteer fire fighter. No reactions other than a little soreness at the injection site like every other vaccination I've had in 21 years in the military. Feel great and would advise anyone that can get one, get it.

garyb1st said:
That would be great, but from what I read pretty optimistic.  I'm 77 and from what I've read will be eligible for a vaccination after 5 million other Angelenos are vaccinated.  Based on the many roll out problems, I'm more likely to die from old age.  ;)
I saw on another forum that AZ was setting up a 24/7 vaccination location in Glendale for ages 75 and up. Check it out. Supposedly they have RV parking available.

UTTransplant said:
I saw on another forum that AZ was setting up a 24/7 vaccination location in Glendale for ages 75 and up. Check it out. Supposedly they have RV parking available.
Even for non-residents?   

The vaccine has been here in upstate/central NY for a few weeks now. Kim qualified for the first round and was scheduled to get hers just before Christmas but Covid found her first (and she was nice enough to share it with me  :eek: ). Phase 1B started yesterday so hopefully my parents will be able to get in line soon.

They are giving it here to people over 65 right now.  Orlando.  But it?s really really hard to get an appointment to get one.  From reading their paperwork I?m not even sure they will give it to me because I have allergies that cause me to carry an EpiPen.  Apparently they?ve had a few anaphylactic responses to the vaccine.  I am not 100% sure that I want to get one right now anyway.  Is no one else concerned with what it might do to you years from now?  They put this together so quickly there has not been time to really test out any long-term effects.  And I cannot tell you whether it will work for three months or three years of protection.  Just so many unknowns about the virus and the vaccine.  Scary world we are living in!

While I am concerned about long term effects of a vaccine, I am more concerned about short term effects of the virus.
If I don?t counter the short term, there may not be a long term to worry about.

Also, what time frame to you consider long term? I figure I got 20 years left and hope my other conditions let me have them.

One of the reasons I have seen given for the speed is that money was no object - normally there is a lot of waiting for the next set of financial approvals but not with this.....

I too am concerned about long term complications but the older you are, the less you probably need to worry. If I was under 50 I might think twice.

As it is we are in the 2nd last bunch so any short term issues will hopefully be evident, if there are any but so far so good.

We are in Yuma, Az. and I called this morning for an appointment to find all appointments were gone in 1 hour after announcement..  So many to do and not enough material to go around..>>>Dan

Peggyy said:
  I am not 100% sure that I want to get one right now anyway.  Is no one else concerned with what it might do to you years from now?  They put this together so quickly there has not been time to really test out any long-term effects.  And I cannot tell you whether it will work for three months or three years of protection.  Just so many unknowns about the virus and the vaccine.  Scary world we are living in!

Those are my thoughts.  Hubby is a first responder.  He got his first shot.  Maderno (is that spelled right?)  3 weeks and the second dose comes for him.  I'm waiting for now.  Not much choice anyway in my state.  I don't come high on the list .

Gee, they decided heartburn pills you buy over the counter give you every cancer imaginable.  Hubby ate them every day.  Can't think of that brand name right now.  They took them off the shelf.  Now he uses Pepcid.  Is that one safe?  Who the heck knows.

In my state as of today they have more than doubled the number of pharmacies allowed to administer the vaccine, unfortunately even if you are a member of the over 70 crowd that currently qualifies for vaccination, it seems most of the pharmacies have yet to get a working reservation system in place.  The state department health web site may refer people to the various pharmacies web sites, just to find landing pad place holder pages for how to go about getting on the list.  Then of course there is the little detail that so far they have only shipped enough vaccine to vaccinate about 1 in 50 qualifying individuals.

Larry N. said:
Almost -- Moderna...

Thanks.  That's what hubby thinks he got, but the guy in front of him said he thought they told him phizer?  hahahaya just never know..........I guess we'll line up and get something, whether we know what it is or not.....

oh my!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom