Have 77 Frolic Home on GMC chassis 16 ft

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

courtin

If anyone has any information about these or where to find I would greatly appreciate it. Don't even know the model. Also trying to find a rear tire carrier that can move in order to access rear storage. Thanks.

It was an Elkhart, Indiana company founded in the early 1960s, Frolic first began producing range of travel trailers for the families of weekend campers. In 1983, Frolic added fifth wheel trailers ranging from 20 to 36 feet in length. Production of Frolic products ended after the 1988 model year. In my searching I can find nothing about them building any motorized units, only travel trailers and later fifth wheel trailers.

It was an Elkhart, Indiana company founded in the early 1960s, Frolic first began producing range of travel trailers for the families of weekend campers. In 1983, Frolic added fifth wheel trailers ranging from 20 to 36 feet in length. Production of Frolic products ended after the 1988 model year. In my searching I can find nothing about them building any motorized units, only travel trailers and later fifth wheel trailers.
Sorry I took so long.

Attachments

• 20230503_150105.jpg
    20230503_150105.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 10
OK, so it's a class C type motorhome built on a GMC van cutaway chassis. You should be able to find a service manual for a 1977 GMC van (probably the one ton "3500" model) and maybe even a van owner manual. That will cover most of the vehicle mechanical stuff. Finding any documentation on the Frolic body and its systems is extremely unlikely, but you can probably find manuals for some of the appliances, e.g. furnace, water heater, & fridge.

Plate on chassis
The plate does tell us that the cutaway chassis is from GM but the coach part was build by Frolic Homes Inc., a company that no longer exists. The company shows as dissolved involuntarily in 1981. I found a listing or two for travel trailers and fifth wheels by Frolic but nothing at all of their class C.

I used to have a Midas (also an orphan) and from what I noticed when I had it was that Frolic and Midas were VERY similar. Since it was an orphan, we felt free to remodel the camper to suit our needs. Actually, if it wasn't an orphan, we would have felt free to remodel it to suit our needs.

The parts we needed to repair the vehicle section was bought based on the van specifications. The chassis was a P-30 I believe (we added firestone air bags under the rear).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom