Have I missed any fivers that meet the criteria?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Back2PA

Have spent considerable time over the last few months looking at fivers both online and in person and have probably sifted through well over 100 floor plans. I've owned several motorhomes over the years and am familiar with the RV search process- I've spent hours sitting in a few contenders getting a sense of what I like and don't. From this I have developed a very, very specific list of requirements, virtually all of which are met by the Montana High Country 343RL. However, I will be shopping in earnest soon and want to be certain I haven't missed some models that may have something to offer. With that in mind I thought our fiver members are likely to have seen many models I haven't yet considered.

So here is the must have list:
Rear living area with side desk/entertainment (not a rear entertainment center)
Desk with a couple drawers and other storage next to/above it
"U" shaped kitchen (i.e., a counter which starts at the wall, comes out into an L thereby creating a U)
4 door gas fridge
"Bath in a box" - complete bathroom (shower/vanity/toilet) in a room with doors, not curtains
Flat floor in basement (no step-up)
50A/2 AC
4 slides min

The High Country has all that and can legitimately be pulled with '06 or later 3/4 tons which is a bonus. However  I wouldn't mind something a couple feet longer (up to about 40') but need to keep the gross in the 14-15K range (maybe 16) due to TV budget (looking at '06-12ish probably Ford one ton SRW but will consider DRW if the "perfect" fiver requires it).

So, have I missed anything?

Thx

That doesn't sound all that unique, so I'm guessing there are other models, but I cannot identify them for you. Carriage had some similar ones in the Carri-lite and maybe the Cameo lines.  They aren't the same as the models now sold under the Carriage name (by another company).  There are undoubtedly others that were made in years past but no longer in production, so floor plan info is hard to find.  Some possibilities include McKenzie, Travel Supreme, Alfa, Newmar Kountry Star and Kountry Aire, etc. 

I have a minor question about 4 slides min.  Our FW has opposing slides in the rear.  Left side goes from 3 ft from the back to 2 ft from the bathroom. It contains entertainment, 4 door fridge, stove/oven and microwave.  Right side goes from 3 ft from back to the door.  It contains sleeper sofa and dining table.  3rd slide in bedroom.  No room for a 4th slide. Recliners in the back by the window.

I would hate to see you miss the perfect camper because the "super slides" were used and it did not have 4 slides.

My camper fails your test.  U kitchen we have is great! but it has no desk area.

You know what you want.  Stick to your guns and keep shopping.  I know I saw several that would probably meet those specs, but I was looking used exclusively.

grashley said:
I would hate to see you miss the perfect camper because the "super slides" were used and it did not have 4 slides.
  I know I saw several that would probably meet those specs, but I was looking used exclusively.
Preacher, I too am looking used exclusively. Your point is well taken re the super slide. The ones I've seen have a large slide on the right, but generally the kitchen slide is separate.

Just looked at PPL  Is this close?

https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/used-rvs-for-sale/fifth-wheel/2008-carriage-carri-lite_rv-37863

Gary RV_Wizard said:
Nice find, Preacher.  Close friends had a 2004 version of that Carri-lite model and it was gorgeous.  A very usable floor plan too!

Agree. While not exactly to my specs it's very close, and with the opposing slides in the bedroom I'd be interested to see one in person. Cabinetry looks very nice. Thanks for looking!

Back
Top Bottom