Heading west

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL PHil!

Let me ask...  Do I need a phone line to hook up Direct TV Tivo?  If that receiver can be installed without a phone line  I will run right out and get one.  Let me know.

A DirecTivo needs a phone line for installation, but after that can be used without it.

Smoky said:
Let me ask...  Do I need a phone line to hook up Direct TV Tivo?  If that receiver can be installed without a phone line  I will run right out and get one.

Smoky,

The Tivo needs a phone line while it gets activated but that only takes a few minutes.  You can take your Tivo to a friends house to do it.  After that no phone line is needed.

BTW, Pueblo El Mirage is pretty close to the bottom of the list of RV parks in the Phoenix area.

phil

Hi again Phil! 

Bottom of who's list? 

Not ours, of course, or we would not be so excited about it.  Can you share some specifics in case we missed something?  We are not interested in "status" or anything like that.  We want to be around nice people, golf, and senior activities and nice facilities, and we are finding all of those so far.

As for the tivo thingie, if we could make it work the way you do we would be on it in a heartbeat.  But Ned informs we cannot do what you do since we have the 6000 instead of the 4000.  Is there a workaround? 

Smoky,

Ned and us have the 6000 with no problem.  It is not absolutly necessary to have a means to let Tivo call home once you have activated it. Go for it you will like it.  Understand there is a special going at DTV and the Tive can be had for $45.

Smoky said:
Bottom of who's list? 

Not ours, of course, or we would not be so excited about it.  Can you share some specifics in case we missed something?  We are not interested in "status" or anything like that.  We want to be around nice people, golf, and senior activities and nice facilities, and we are finding all of those so far.

Smoky,

It's an ok place and they have improved their security.  I have a friend that lives there so I visit once in a while.

All the snowbird parks have nice people in the winter.

You do not need a phone line or an internet connection to enjoy Tivo.

Phil

Phil & Ron:

Hope it is ok to talk about this ... noting Tom's cautions....  My interest in Tivo was especially regarding how Phil used it as a solution for the phone line requirement in order to sign up for the Direct TV NFL package.  If Ned is correct, this will not work for the DW 6000.  But since Ned says the DW7000 (while also not working to solve this problem) is much faster than the DW 6000, I am hoping Ron will send me a private message letting me know what the upgrade policy is on DW modems.

This thread I guess has gotten confusing as we are mixing quite a few topics.  NFL package, Direct TV, Direcway, Tivo, etc.

Back
Top Bottom