Heater Blower Motor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Old Soldier 1

Traveling home, during our last trip of the season last year, our heater-a/c blower motor quit.  I did the normal stuff to check the system out, pulled and checked all fuses, probes with test lights, etc.  Finally determined the motor was burned out.  Checked all kinds of web-sites, found one for big $. Finally checked the Whitney site.  Found a picture in the catalog of exactly what I needed. ordered it, got it, and it ain't even close to what I need.  Called Whitney, was informed the pictures don't alway represent what will be shipped.  Item has to be returned for refund.

Remembered that there was a decal on the unit, under the hood.  Listed the manufacturer of the oversized heating/cooling system on our Damon, with a phone #.  I called, new motor enroute. 

Geez, sure wish I remembered that decal earlier.

Intent of this post?  If something goes wrong on your RV, you may find the solution by calling the manufacturer of the system.  Most have web-sites today.  Some will ship you the part, others will tell you to go to a dealer for ordering.  You never know unless you try.

Make a note of that name and number and catalog number OS... Who knows  you may need it again some day :)

I try to do that with most of my major systems

Old Soldier,

I agree with making a note of the name and number. Not just for your edification but someone else in the RV world just might need it. :)

Just checked my records---
Have a '97 Winnebago, heater blower motor failed in '00- took old one to NAPA store to show clerk. Got identical replacement for $58 + tax. No shipping or handling!! Turned out to be a pretty standard item---nothing "special" nor motor home specific.
Regards from Ft Collins

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoadSage
Back
Top Bottom