Hehr windows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crazy ed

Has anyone  have problem with hehr windows? My slider on drives idea front window doesn't seal properly window does not seal against  frame .The glass hit bottom corner but the top corner is 3/16 away  from  the  frame.Hehr said oh well your coach is 3 yrs old any input would be  deeply  appreciated

Hehr makes a pretty good product and I've not had problems except normal wear & tear.  But the warranty has expired by now, so you are on your own.

I'm having trouble visualizing your issue, but it sounds as though the inner lining that channels the glass has shifted. There are plenty of sources for Hehr parts online - just Google 'hehr parts' and you will find them.

I have a follow-on question.  I recently had window maintenance completed but did not get a chance to talk to the technician about his work.  I can certainly call the tech back and ask my questions - but I've learned to respect the opinions on this board.   

My original symptom was the interior wall was soft near the floor. The RV repair tech inspected the window seal, outside trim seal, and basement storage seal.  He said, in his written report, that the solution was simple that my window weep holes had become clogged which is why moisture seeped into the wall as they became overwhelmed.  I've since learned how to do this regular maintenance on my own.

I'm sorry but I don't have the manufacturer name of the windows on my 2003 Fleetwood Bounder DP.

What I don't understand is this:  The weep holes traverse from inside (within the window slide rail) through some rectangular squares on the outside of the window.  During a rain I notice this interior rail becomes damp. 

Are the weep holes designed to dissipate exterior rain, interior moisture, or both? If they are designed to dissipate exterior rain then why does the interior window rail become damp.

I tried finding an answer online but could not find it.

Thanks in advance, Mark (The Lazy L)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom