Hello Everyone! Just bought a 1982 19’ Chevy Citation Cutaway C Class, I Welcome Your Wisdom!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Been reading on the forum for a bit, finally signed up. First time RV owners(wife and I and the dog) we have looked for a couple years but finally found something in our budget($5000cad) that was in good shape for its age.

We won’t be doing many cross country tours or anything and we are right in the heart of many good camping areas in Alberta and BC.

We found this 1982 Chevy Citation Cutaway 19’ G30 with 147,000kms(looks accurate from the records)in really good shape. It has practically all the records back to the original sales receipt, original owner had it from 1983 till 2011 and did most of the driving and almost all the paperwork is from him. 2 more owners from 2011 till us now. Even has all the manuals for everything, plus bill of sales from every owner. Carfax checked out everything to be ok as well.

I can do the minor stuff myself and willing to tackle mid level stuff as well. Engine seems fine for the age, Chevy 350 5.7 litre with a 4 barrel, bay is actually really clean aside from some minor grime. Could use a new belt and a cooling line is sweating a bit but everything starts up well the first 3 days so far. Transmission seems fine, the 4 speed shifts fine, no leaks. The whole underside has very little rust. Tires are only a few years old with great tread life and little weathering. I will probably buy 2 new batteries as the current 2 seem to be about 5 years old.

Roof was redone a few years back, metal fully across the top and very solid and seems to have been resealed pretty regularly. Some very minor water damage that was pointed out from about 7 years ago prior to the new roof, they just didn’t fully replace the interior surface. Seems fine. Windows all look good and sealed. Vents all look good. Flooring is all solid.

All appliances work great, plumbing seems fine but not fully tested yet. I will do all the fluids and filters to start baseline, though all fluids look in very good shape.

With some help from this community I hope to get a few solid years out of it. Reading everything I see the comments about the older ones being money pits but I really hope we got a good one!

Looking forward to any advice as we are still very much RV newbies and hope to learn as much as we can!

Oh and his name is now, Clark! 😁
Lindy says to say hello to Clark 😆

I just purchased an 82 G30 RV too!
The name Lindy II is on the back, so that's her name! (Just imagine, if you can, in 1982, your driving this RV, and the song comes on, 'everyone knows it's Wendy) or is it Windy?? 😆
She has the same engine with 44k original miles and is in great shape for her age and was made in Canada.
I haven't found a good manual, nor gone through contacting the manufacturer to see what info they can provide. So I'm kinda in the same boat with needing to go through the electronics.
I had a brake light not working and used the electrical schematics available at Autozone.com - you just sign up and it's free, and resolved my issue (dual filament leads shorted together),
Does yours have a dual battery setup?

Last edited:

The name Lindy II is on the back, so that's her name! (Just imagine, if you can, in 1982, your driving this RV, and the song comes on, 'everyone knows it's Wendy) or is it Windy?? 😆
She has the same engine with 44k original miles and is in great shape for her age and was made in Canada.
I haven't found a good manual, nor gone through contacting the manufacturer to see what info they can provide. So I'm kinda in the same boat with needing to go through the electronics.
I had a brake light not working and used the electrical schematics available at Autozone.com - you just sign up and it's free, and resolved my issue (dual filament leads shorted together),
You really need to start your own thread.

BTW- the song is Windy by the Association.

Hey, sorry just noticed this now. Congrats on the purchase!

You most likely will not find a manual for the motor home in general. Just grab a Haynes that corresponds with your truck essentially. I was lucky to have some of the original documents but I think thats a rarity.

Brake lights and such should be easy enough to swap, I did all my markers with new LEDs and it was easy to swap in.

Only a single 12 volt house battery, still considering going with 2 GC 6 volts but we did fine with ours last season and use of our inverter generator as needed. Also still considering an inverter.

Other than that ours is doing good. I re did the roof seams with Eterna Bond tape and all the vents and everything on the roof. We may renovate the interior as well. Mechanically, seems still in good shape, will do whats needed as needed.

Back
Top Bottom