Hello, Everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CompletelyNew

Here to learn how to do everything. This is our first attempt at ownership and want to figure out how to enjoy this life the best way - probably like every other new guy.

Very grateful for advice and help in figuring this all out.

While I’m at it, I’m looking to find better made parts than what these builders use. Snapped a Dometic fridge handle by walking too close to it. Looking for indestructible parts when this sort of thing happens.

Need to break open the belly to figure out why my city water connection floods my bathroom floor and leaks through the exterior seams.

Need to screw a tv mount into the bunk bed walls and not sure how the walls are constructed. My kid wants a pull handle for getting into the upper bunk.

Need to wire in an FM rsdio base station (still working on my operator license) and want to learn how others solved the antenna install.

Also want to replace light fixtures and LED strip lights with softer and dimmable light.

My list goes on and on.

First night, camp in your driveway. Make sure you have a pen and paper to make notes of what your missing. On your first trip make sure there is a WalMart close by. Don't overpack or overtime things. Both can get you in trouble.
BTW welcome to the forum.

Good advice. We started last spring break, so we have about 4 camps complete so far. And I have a long list by now.

Current emergency is the plumbing leak

Parts are what they are - more likely to be unavailable than to have upgraded alternatives. Be creative in using parts designed for other purposes.

Wall construction is best described as hap-hazard. They put internal supports where needed, e.g. to frame a window or mount something. Not regular "studs" as in residential construction, nor is it unusual for it to be partial length or simply a backer to spread load a bit where a cabinet is hung. You will have to explore carefully by sound, or maybe a stud finder will work (depending on the materials in use). May have to resort to drilling a tiny hole to verify what (if anything) is there. first question is whether your Bullet is wood or metal frame. Since it is filon-paneled exterior, chances are it is a metal frame.

I just don't want to buy another Dometic fridge handle that is apparently designed to snap off. Terrible design, but I'm learning it is what it is. There are probably people who can make these out of metal, but it would take great luck finding them.

I'll figure out wall supports. The city water connection floods my bathroom, so this is my first concern. I'm guessing it's basically removing panels until you find a broken hose and patch it up.

Back
Top Bottom