Hello from AZ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gordo70w100

Hello to all, my name is Gordon. I just recently purchased a 2004 Thor America Citation 34' 5th wheel. I've been scouring the internet trying to find an owners manual, without luck. Most try to send me to Thor industries....not the same company. This is my first 5th wheel so I really would like the owners manual. I know what kind of mischief I can get into without guidance. Any and all help would be appreciated! Even if you can't help I thank you anyways!

Greetings from a fellow Arizonian! (Well, not anymore lol). I was born and raised in Arizona, only just recently moved out of state.

The owners manual for a RV is usually just a series of manuals from the manufacturers of the various appliances in the.
RV. Just search online for the various models of appliances you have and download or store them on your device. I do not think you will find an actual owners manual. There are various books that will help you with setting up your RV
Welcome to the forum.
Ask questions about anything that you are not familiar with, Usually on e question per post so things do not get confused

Producing hitch and fifth wheel travel trailers, Citation would utilize solid construction practices such as a lightweight aluminum frame. In the 1980s, Citation became part of Pennsylvania-based Thor America. Under Thor America, Citation trailers would continue to be produced under the 2005 model year.

The owners manual for a RV is usually just a series of manuals from the manufacturers of the various appliances in the.
RV. Just search online for the various models of appliances you have and download or store them on your device. I do not think you will find an actual owners manual. There are various books that will help you with setting up your RV
Welcome to the forum.
Ask questions about anything that you are not familiar with, Usually on e question per post so things do not get confused
Thanks for your reply, I'm particularly interested in how to winterize this thing.

Finally get to hot for you? Lol
I do love Arizona but yea, the dry heat was definitely a burn out for me. I'm in West Virginia now and man what a change, I love it here. So green, and you don't feel yourself drying out when you step outside, quite the opposite actually haha.

There are 2 methods for winterizing. One is the wet method where you pump non toxic RV antifreeze into the plumbing. You will need to open the low point drains to get the water out first then close them. Then pump the antifreeze in.You will also need to drain and bypass the hot water heater it should have a bypass valve(s) in it
The other is the dry method were you use a compressor to blow air through the plumbing to get the water out. Again open low point drains let water drain as much as possible. EMpty HW heater and put plug back into it, Do not bypass. Get an appropriate fitting and then charge the system with 40 - 50 lbs of air. Open faucets and let them run until ALL water is out.
Either method needs to make sure the water pump is winterized.
The plug you need is something like the attached

Just a quick data point, blowing out the lines takes a fair amount of compressor capacity. I have a stand up garage compressor and set at 40PSI it does not have the volume to keep up with a continuous flow of open faucets in the RV. So it amounts to moving around to the various fixtures one at a time with time inbetween to let the compressor catch back up. You can get there from here, just commenting a little hot dog or pancake compressor/tire inflator won't have the guts to adequately blow the lines out through a little shrader valve adapter. I prefer a quick disconnect adapter for both ease of connection and flow.

https://www.amazon.com/Winterize-Motorhome-Camper-Travel-Trailer/dp/B017CM0134

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

My pancake compressor does just fine. I did my rig yesterday. YMMV
That would depend on the size. Some are only 100 psi, others are 150 psi and some are 200 psi. Obviously the smaller one won’t do anywhere near the job that the bigger one will do. Keep that in mind if you’re looking for a compressor.

WOW you did it now are you finished camping? We finish around middle of December
I am heading into the hospital tomorow for heart related problems. I expect to be fine to leave for Arizona in October but I winterized just in case.
I also disagree with RENE T it is not about pressure it is about volume. I do not use over 50 LBS pressure to blow out my system

I am heading into the hospital tomorow for heart related problems. I expect to be fine to leave for Arizona in October but I winterized just in case.
I also disagree with RENE T it is not about pressure it is about volume. I do not use over 50 LBS pressure to blow out my system
The higher the pressure the volume of air will last longer so shutting down the compressor will not be as frequent with a 200 psi compressor as compared to 100 psi compressor.

The higher the pressure the volume of air will last longer so shutting down the compressor will not be as frequent with a 200 psi compressor as compared to 100 psi compressor.
But if the regulated output is at a lower pressure, the volume in the tank will last longer. All you need is enough pressure to push the water out of the lines.

But if the regulated output is at a lower pressure, the volume in the tank will last longer. All you need is enough pressure to push the water out of the lines.
RIGHT VOLUME NOT PRESSURE. While I agree a vessel at 200 PSI will have more VOLUME of air in its tank.there will be no difference at 50 PSI in blowing out the lines providing the tank sizes are adequate.

I meant to say that a compressor rated with a high pressure

There are 2 methods for winterizing.
I like the third way the best. That is, park the RV where it doesn't get cold enough to need to be winterized. For me, that us Auburn, CA.

And since the start of winter (Dec) is my favorite time for RV travel, I want everything ready to go.

I like to extend my summers that way, mostly in AZ just above Mexico. I don't do winters here in Reno.

-Don- Reno, NV

Back
Top Bottom