Hello from Eagle, WI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sonox

Hey all! I'm an old eagle scout who loves to get out and see nature wherever it is. Until a "few" years ago camping to me was backpacking 30-40 or so miles a day and setting up a tent or hammock for the night. After getting married and having three kids it transitioned to car camping and later a small palomino pup. Last year we made the upgrade to a 24' TT and we are loving it. So far I haven't taken it out of Wisconsin but that is changing very soon as we have some trips planned this summer. I am here to learn and share.

Hey all! I'm an old eagle scout who loves to get out and see nature wherever it is. Until a "few" years ago camping to me was backpacking 30-40 or so miles a day and setting up a tent or hammock for the night. After getting married and having three kids it transitioned to car camping and later a small palomino pup. Last year we made the upgrade to a 24' TT and we are loving it. So far I haven't taken it out of Wisconsin but that is changing very soon as we have some trips planned this summer. I am here to learn and share.
Welcome Sonox. Delighted that you joined us. There are lots of good people an excellent advice.

DH (dear husband) and I are in MN. Where do plan on camping this summer? One of our favorite things is to meet up with fellow RVers along the way.

Hey MN and SMR! I am going to be hitting up Rocky Mountain NP as well as Zion and Bryce Canyon. I try to hit up a few national parks with the family. We also will be at Wisconsin Dells for a week and a Jellystone (kid campground) for a week SE Wisconsin. Other than that some smaller trips in the area. I recently became a teacher so I could spend more time with the family so I am trying to take advantage of summer break.

Congrats on becoming a teacher! Looks like some good times ahead, enjoy your summer and ask lots of questions. Take advantage of the weekly chats too, they are fun and informative.

Welcome to the forum from the south west side of the state. Lots of good information on here and helpful members.

Welcome to the forum and the wealth of friendly information that can be found here.

Sounds like you have a great trip planned for you and your family. Enjoy, I've been to Zion three times and just visited RMNP for the first time last summer. Be prepared for some good mountain climbs, easily 10,000 feet and above depending on the routes you take. Beautiful scenery.

I see you are from Eagle, Wisconsin. My DW (dear wife) and I along with our camping friends had originally planned a trip through Wisconsin this summer. I requested travel brochures from the state and I received a couple on the Eagle area, and it looks beautiful. The trip got sidelined to a fall trip through New England, so hopefully we can reschedule for next season.

If I recall correctly Eagle is near old world wisconsin which is a worthy attraction. If you can get past the bugs and tornadoes, the two weeks of summer in WI can be really nice. Fishing is amazing. I grew up in the Milwaukee area and spent summers "up north" camping and fishing but it wasn't until decades later I made a trip through the driftless area, basically between LaCrosse and Madison. It's on my list to go back there in an RV, along with taking in EAA as a full week trip.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Back
Top Bottom