Hello from Minooka, IL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedRocker

Just purchased our first TT, Roo 19'. This is a step up from the pop-up we had. Look forward to the advice and sharing any we might have after we start our adventures.

Welcome aboard, Redrocker, and congrats on the new Roo. Feel free to join in the conversations or to start one of your own and ask questions. There is also a wealth on info in the forum Library.

Good morning Redrocker and congratulations on your purchase.  Having enjoyed the pop-up previous to the purchase of you new rig, you certainly are a seasoned RVer and we look forward to your participation and assistance. 

We are pleased that you have joined our forum.  It is really quite friendly.  As a matter of fact, we refer to each other as Framily for that reason.  This is a great place to meet folks and make new friends who share your enthusiasm for RVing.  We have members of all ages, all levels of experience and all forms of RVs.  Our discussions frequently migrate into other areas, but for the most part have some connection to RVing and travel.  We hope that you enjoy the form, become active on the forum, and share your experience with others.

Welcome aboard.

Welcome to the RV Forum Redrocker.

We usually spend a month or so each summer about 5 miles from you at Leisure Lakes RV Park while visiting our daughter and her family. Perhaps we can get together in August.

Welcome fellow Illinoisian!  I'm south of you in the Bloomington/Peoria area.  Always looking for places to check out other places in the state though, so I'll have to look into Leisure Lakes.

Welcome RedRocker,  and as you've seen, people do respond here. There are diesel and gas mh fans here and those like you that prefer pull-alongs and someone likes every model ever produced. ;D

I bought my 1st RV, a Palomino pup, after grad school and taking my first job in Deerfield in Lake County.

We also have a live chat every Wed nt at 7pm Mountain named the Virtual Campfire [see the top right of this page.] Come join us!

RedRocker said:
Just purchased our first TT, Roo 19'. This is a step up from the pop-up we had. Look forward to the advice and sharing any we might have after we start our adventures.

Howdy, and welcome.  When you get down to Scottydl's place, hang a left, and swing by and say hay.  Urbana. 

My wife and I are going to a small rally near Sycamore, IL in May.  Is that close to you? 

Enjoy the forum.

I'm originally from Champaign-Urbana so that's familiar stomping ground too.  ;)  What are the details on the Sycamore rally in May?

scottydl said:
I'm originally from Champaign-Urbana so that's familiar stomping ground too.  ;)  What are the details on the Sycamore rally in May?

Wow, so we talk about Wiley School, and 6th street on campus town, huh.

IRV2.com is having a small mini rally in Sycamore the weekend before the Memorial Day Holiday.  May 21-23 comes to mind.  You can log into IRV2.com as a guest, then go toward the bottom of the pages, and you will see a section for the Midwest, or Central Region, and there are details about it.  I think so far, there are 5 or 6 units going.  If you have problems finding the info, let me know.  I'll try to cut, copy and paste feature.  However, I'm a truck driver.  Computers are not really my thing. 

scottydl said:
Good to know, we'll keep that date in mind in case we want to get in a May trip this year.

Do you think all this snow will be gone by May???????? 

We are hoping for two short trips in April, both to Effingham. 

Back
Top Bottom