Hello from Scotland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

powerjen

Hi Everyone

Been lurking for a while as a member and about time I said Hi.

Keith, my husband and I imported a National RV Tropical (28ft) from Florida last year to Scotland.  It belonged to my Bro in Law and it needed some work doing to it.

When it arrived we didn't realise just quite how much it needed doing to it, so due to ill health we've only just been able to start doing the work.  Although we are members of a couple of UK based motorhome forums, you guys are used to the RV's and it's probably your help and expertise that will help us get our RV sorted out.

So I apologise before hand if I end up asking a tonne of questions!

Thanks so much in advance!

Jen (in a lovely sunny Scotland, United Kingdom)

Hi Jen & Keith,

Welcome to the RV Forum.  This is the right place to get your questions answered so please ask any questions you have and we will try to provide the answers.  Thanks for joining us.

Hi Jen and welcome. Sounds like you have some restoration/repair work ahead. Fire away with those questions (no need for advanced apology) and we'll try to get them answered.

Whereabouts in Scotland you?

Jen and Keith,

Welcome to our Forum and we'll be pleased to talk about your project of getting your coach to the way you want it.

What are the major issues that need to be addressed on your coach?

Hope we will be able to help you out. Sure will try!

To start with, how about some basic information.  What year and model number Tropi-cal do you have and what chassis is underneath it? It will be either a Ford F53 or Chevrolet P30/P32. 

I didn't realize that Tropi-cals were ever built as  short as 28 feet - I don't think I've seen one less than 32.

Hi and thank you for a lovely warm welcome.

You'll be sorry you asked about what we need to do!  We have a 9 foot by 1 foot length of rubber roof that needs replacing, for which we have on order eternabond tape which we have read will fix the problem very nicely and we can also use it to redo all the bits around the vents and raised bits on the roof.

One of the windscreen wiper arms has sheared off at the point where it attaches to the body of the fibreglass (which happened whilst we were driving it back from the port in the rain!  :eek:) ) and we're not sure if we can get one over here to replace it.

The interior panels on one side are rotten due to the roof leaking and half of the floor is rotten too so that needs replacing.  We've already ripped the seating out and the front seats out and have the wood to replace all that.  Plus I think the air con doesn't work and maybe the heater too.

AND to get it all sorted for permanent use on UK roads and to be registered over here we have to get all the outside lights changed.  Separate indicators flashing orange, a flashing orange indicator on the side of the RV, a fog light, and a front orange indicator separate from the orange side light. And maybe the headlight beams changed from lhd to rhd.  I have posted about this problem in the Tech help bit of the forum.

I think that's all I can think of right now but I'm sure there may be other things to deal with once we come across them. So, um, lots to do!  ::)  We are in Southern Scotland in a county called Dumfriesshire, you may have heard of Gretna Green the famous village where people used to run away to get married, we live quite close to there.

It is going to be a real challenge to get it all done, and fear it may all be too much for us, but we're gonna have a good go at getting it on the road!  Bro in Law had told us it had a small leak on the roof and the windscreen wiper needed looking at but it's turned out to be far more!!!  ???

Thanks again

Jen

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom