Hello from the great sate of Louisiana

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnDoeIII

Hi yall,

I'm Corey from southern Louisiana (approximately 60 miles south of New Orleans).  I'm 28 and have lived here most of my life and within the last few days I've come to the realization that I am in need of a change.  I'm going to end up waiting till after shrimp season is over in South LA next year, before I hit the road, but once the May season is over, I'm going to take what I've made on the shrimp boat and invest in an older (I'm thinking Mid 70's - Present) Class A or Class C coach.  I'm guesstimating my price range to be something in the $5000.00 to $7500.00 range (maybe more, depending on quite a number of factors, mainly how good the shrimp season is to me, lmao).  As soon as I get a rig, I'm planning on hitting the road for a period to be determined and going to travel this great country of ours and possibly Mexico and Canada too.  At this point I'm just doing my research and am trying to learn everything I can about the lifestyle before I dive in and take the plunge, so any good tips yall might have would be greatly appreciated.  Any more questions you may have, feel free to ask.  Thank You.

Hey Brother..Hearty welcome.  Glad to hear your stationed a good ways off from Norleans..lol. We Texicans on this end but Cajones at heart. Do your Mama got any Gumbo recipes we going to be knowing about? Maters or no maters? That can get iffy so close to the big town. Will tell one secret. Every nice old Widder Lady around Foat Wuth got a stubby Class C gathering mushrooms in the back yard. Tap out Mama's Onyx Visor card for cash and come on down.

UncleShiloh said:
Hey Brother..Hearty welcome.  Glad to hear your stationed a good ways off from Norleans..lol. We Texicans on this end but Cajones at heart. Do your Mama got any Gumbo recipes we going to be knowing about? Maters or no maters? That can get iffy so close to the big town. Will tell one secret. Every nice old Widder Lady around Foat Wuth got a stubby Class C gathering mushrooms in the back yard. Tap out Mama's Onyx Visor card for cash and come on down.

In our part of the state, I don't know of one person who puts Maters in their Gumbo, lol.  Yes, I do have Momma's recipe, slightly tweaked, but pretty close to hers, hahaha.  Will have to come check it out.  I've been searching on Ebay, but I'm about to pull up The Dallas / Fort Worth Craigslist page and see whats available.  Once I have the cash money in hand will defiantly have to make a trip that way to come and see exactly what is available.  Thanks for the info and for the welcome.

All our pleasure Sir. Aint never met a Cajone who was not upper crust type folks. Now some of the Arkie branch claim Little Rock is the only fitting place to snag an Rv and then there is competing theories which say all the good MH's wind up in Rockport, TX where the seasoned Citizens go Home and leave the RV's behind.  Might leave some to wonder about that deal. Let us know. Thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Floss71
Back
Top Bottom