Hello from the Mid-West

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loadmaster

I am Jim and wifey is Susan. We currently live in Baldwin City, Kansas which is about 35 miles west of Kansas City. Just retired last December and have the urge to move about to see what we have missed all of our life.

We have been camping for 15 years in tents, several small pull behinds and a couple of pop-ups. Bought a 2000 Minnie Winnie DL 29U 3 months ago and as my luck goes the price of gas shot through the ceiling and we are tied down to localized traveling for now till I can get a part time job just to pay for gas.

Anyone have any idea where I can get some technical information on the Triton V10 engine and tranny in my unit, which I call the "Big Wart"? I've searched the internet to no avail.

Everyone have a good day, and God Bless You.

Jim

Hi Jim and Susan. Welcome to our forum. Hopefully someone will be along with an answer to your question. It might help if you could state what technical info you're specifically looking for.

Hi Jim & Susan,

Welcome to the RV Forum.  Please join in on any of the ongoing discussions, start new discussions, or ask any questions you have.  Thanks for joining us.

Jim, this is a little off your topic but since you have local knowledge of the areas, do you have a campground recommendation for a overnight stop when passing through the Kansas City area (north/south)?

Morning all...thanks for the warm welcome to the forum.

My question about the Triton V10 is in regards to the 1999 model produced for 2000, E-450 Super Duty, 6.8L. I get two different variations of the horsepower rating. What I am really trying to find is the Ford shop/service manual with all the specs related to the engine/tranny. Is there such a thing as this that is available to the general public. I've contacted the local Ford dealer and was told to check on the internet ??? What kind of PR is that?

Thanks again, Jim

Caltex,

I really can't give any recommendation to a campground in Kansas City. I tend to stay as far away from that place as I can. The traffic there is insane as are 98% of the drivers. All of the interstates in that hellhole are under construction and the backups are beyond comprehension. If its not the construction work that's tying up traffic it is some hi-way cowboy that's turned over an 18 wheeler because he has "White Line Fever" when he rolls into town and forgets to slow down. Sort of like everyone there has ROAD RAGE, don't you dare honk at some idiot that's cut you off because he wants to go 85 in a 35 mph work zone, seems like everyone packs some sort of firearm and is not afraid to display it. The cops won't even travel the interstates there because its to dangerous to pull over a speeder!

The only place I can recommend is a COE state park called Clinton Lake just a couple of miles west of Lawrence, KS which is 40 miles west of KC on Hi way 10. We go there quite often it is really beautiful and all the campsites are well maintained and up to date. Hope this helps.

Jim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom