Hello from the N.C. mountains.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daletec

Chris and Angel, here. Not new to camping, but new to RV ownership. We are torn between the Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE, 2250RK and the Twilight Signature TWS2400. We were leaning towards the Twilight, but I read some issues online that concerned me with regard to quality and responses from the manufacturer. I have also read very positive owner reviews about Grand Design. I am aware that in the process of towing, the unit will go through many "earth quakes", thus repairs and maintenance will be on-going. I am handy with carpentry, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, etc. so I don't see this as an issue, but I do expect decent support during the warranty period and I appreciate good customer service. I have found that the RV community can be very tight-knit and there seems to be a fellowship amongst RVers that we will find very appealing. We plan to purchase no later than November, hopefully much sooner! Any tips concerning the makes/models we have chosen will be appreciated.

I know 3 people with Grand Design travel trailers. They love them. I don't know anything about the Twilight Signature trailers.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Good to have you join us.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, so please ask anything you need to.

I've seen many Grand Design RVs out there but don't recall any Twilight. Good luck with your search. Check info in the Resources section for help with inspection lists etc once you find one.

Chris and Angel, here. Not new to camping, but new to RV ownership. We are torn between the Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE, 2250RK and the Twilight Signature TWS2400. We were leaning towards the Twilight, but I read some issues online that concerned me with regard to quality and responses from the manufacturer. I have also read very positive owner reviews about Grand Design. I am aware that in the process of towing, the unit will go through many "earth quakes", thus repairs and maintenance will be on-going. I am handy with carpentry, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, etc. so I don't see this as an issue, but I do expect decent support during the warranty period and I appreciate good customer service. I have found that the RV community can be very tight-knit and there seems to be a fellowship amongst RVers that we will find very appealing. We plan to purchase no later than November, hopefully much sooner! Any tips concerning the makes/models we have chosen will be appreciated.
Daletec, I bought the tws2400 in early June. I now wish I hadn't. Lots of issues that are now being addressed. It took over a month to get this unit on the lot due manufacturing being so far behind. When the unit did arrive, the led lights on the cap weren't there and the holes they come out were filled with silicone. Dealer ordered these to be replaced. 2 months later and still haven't come in. Dinette will not make a bed. The distance between the benches is too wide, so the table falls falls through. Found this out the hard way. Molding has come off of the wall in places. Bathroom sink leaks. Backsplash in the kitchen is loose. Bedroom is tight, very little room to maneuver. Bedroom doesn't get cool enough because AC unit is on the opposite end. Couch that makes a bed is also uncomfortable with a large gap between the cushions when configured as a bed. Radio doesn't work. There are a few more issues, but you get the idea. I do not plan to keep this one after this year. These are made exclusively for RV One dealerships. It's a big disappointment that the quality is so bad, but for now I'm stuck with it. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom