Hello, new RVers here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bikemutt

We've always been boaters but we sold the last money bucket and decided to try RVing :).

We pick up our new Grand Design Imagine 17MKE travel trailer next week, we're building a list of newbie questions we'd like to post here.

We are retired, still healthy, and want to see the country, and maybe try snow birding; with each passing year the coldness and wetness of the PNW gets harder to ignore.

Welcome to the forums. Lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here!

Congrats on your new money bucket. Boats and RVs have lots in common, like electrical systems, fresh and waste water systems, HVAC, etc; unfortunately, being money buckets is another commonality.

It’ll help you and others if you put details of your rig and tow vehicle in your signature. Try to post each topic/question in its own thread… threads quickly become complicated when addressing multiple subjects.

Again, welcome!

We are retired, still healthy, and want to see the country, and maybe try snow birding; with each passing year the coldness and wetness of the PNW gets harder to ignore.

We’re doing that too!

Bought our Class C last May, spent the summer camping in the front yard to learn (sailboat people too - many many years ago) and started traveling when the Ohio cold weather hit. January in Florida, February in South Carolina, March will be The great river trail traveling down the Mississippi river to Southern Louisiana. The folks on here are very patient and generous with newbies!

Hi and welcome to the forum. Good to have you join us.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, so please ask anything you need to.

Safe and happy travels with your new toy! Congratulations.

My best friend and her hubby have that model and they absolutely love it. The only problem they've had was a water leak behind the city water connection and that was quickly and easily fixed under warranty. Happy Camping!!!

Other than some vocabulary, the biggest difference is that water will leak OUT of an RV.
A Slip is now a Camp Site.
Gunkholing is now Boondocking.
Anchored out is now Dry Camping.
A Pumpout is now a Dump.
You still have to watch both potable water and house battery.
I never found an anchorage where I had to level the boat.
Matt_C

Welcome aboard. You are gonna have lots of fun.

I am ex-boater as well. Someone pointed out that systems in a Tt are very similar to boats and that's true.

But RVs are like boats in the maintenance department. A new TT should be pretty trouble free for a while though.

Welcome to the RV Forum.

Lots of friendly people and some great experts willing to share their expertise and experience.

DH (Dear Husband) and I joined RV Forum before we bought our first TT. That was over eight years ago! We're thankful to those who took us under their wings to provide us with both technical and travel advice.

Congratulations on your new TT. Check back often and Safe Travels.

Last edited:
Welcome to the RV Forum.

Lots of friendly people and some great experts willing to share their expertise and experience.

DH (Dear Husband) and I joined RV Forum before we bought our first TT. That was over eight years ago! We're thankful to those who took us under their wings to provide us with both technical and travel advice.

Congratulations on your new TT. Check back often and Safe Travels.
Mike we'd love to have you join us on Wednesdays for our "Fireside Chat" You'll have to bring your own chair(s) but we will furnish the marshmallows. Mrs. Mike is welcome to join us. . Every Wednesday the RV Forum hosts a real time Online Chat. Stop by and say hi.

Here's the Link: Chat

Chat Times:
7 pm Eastern Time
6 pm Central Time
5 pm Mountain Time
4 pm Pacific Time.

If you have problems accessing feel free to message me.
MN Blue Skies aka Max(ine)

I was once told that the two days a boat owner will remember is the happiness on the day that he bought it and the happiness on the day he sold it.. As a previous boat owner I can attest to that.!!

As a current TT owner, I'm still reveling in the happiness of the day I bought it, but expect it to be a sad day when I sell it..

Best of luck with your new equipment and many happy adventures.

Safe travels and all the best.

The day I sold my boat in Singapore. I had actually already migrated back to the US, had left the boat unsold and returned to close the deal.

Bought it for about $5500 and sold it for around $10k 5 years later. Most profitable toy I ever bought...

Attachments

• 2015-05-02 18.31.36.jpg
    2015-05-02 18.31.36.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 2015-05-03 16.16.19.jpg
    2015-05-03 16.16.19.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom