Hello - New to the forum, ( sort of ) new to RVing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patsdad

We took lots of trips when I was a kid, with the old Holiday Rambler behind the Electra 225  ( can't kill a 455/TH400 ! ), but now that I'm grown with kids of my own, it's time to get back into it.  Our upcoming trip to Florida to visit Mom was the impetus to get an RV, and I decided on a Class C due to a lack of a tow vehicle stout enough to hold the 6 of us and pull a trailer besides ( don't think the minivan is up to it . . .).  Also, fond memories from my youth do not include the long days in the middle of the back seat.  Budget was the other big one - anyone raising 4 school-age kids knows how a paycheck tends to disappear.  Despsite the harsh ride, the C seems just what I'm looking for.  I shopped around, looked at a bunch, and found a well-cared-for example with the powertrain I wanted ( chevy 350/TH400 ), and everything more or less shipshape, and due to the rear sofa layout, it sleeps 6 in a nice tidy package. 
We are in Western NY, south of Rochester.  Besides the trip to FL, the vintage car races at Watkins Glen are a twice-a-year thing ( if you've never been to vintage races, go ! ).  I may tow my two old Yami RD350's to some classic bike events. . . no doubt we'll get lots of use out of it. 
One question, though.  What do I wear ?  The yachting cap and blazer looked silly, and the backwards baseball cap and Raider jersey just felt wrong.  I guess stick with the classics . . . . World's Greatest Dad tshirt and ratty old Converse AllStars . . . .

One question, though.  What do I wear ?  The yachting cap and blazer looked silly, and the backwards baseball cap and Raider jersey just felt wrong.  I guess stick with the classics . . . . World's Greatest Dad tshirt and ratty old Converse AllStars . .

The standard fashion statement in an RV park seems to run to grease spotted jeans and cat hats.  Shirts tend to be personal statements -- and most of those statements don't bear repeating.    Shoot, wear whatever you want.  Except maybe a suit.  Scare the daylights out of folks if you wear a suit -- they'll think the process server finally caught up with them.    ;D

My suit and spports jackets are still in the back of the closet- no weddings or funerals required pulling them out yet. Probably will have a cance for the jacket at our granddaughter's baptism next week.

I had to wear ties and suits for many years in my previous life.  When I retired the suit and ties were also retired.  I do not intend to ever hang that piece of garbage called a tie around my neck again.  Sure beats me how a device originally intended to keep some French officers from dribbling their food on their uniforms ever became a fashion. 

On board I have blue jeans and a pair of black jeans and western shirts a few tee shirts.  If I have a special event that requires dressing up I wear the black jeans  a nice western shirt and my dress western boots.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom