Hello to all -- New RV Owner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ldcross11475

Purchase a used 2012 Winnebago Sightseer 33C, purchased at the beginning of November  and shortly after the weather turned bad and haven't taken any trips.  We have driven the coach and think it handles pretty well.  Just haven't slept in it yet.

We had to purchase a new couch since the original was removed by previous owner.  This coach has little over 7,000 miles and think once we can start taking trips we will have a lot of fun.  We have camped before in a Cedar Creek 5'ver and now getting back into RVing.

Welcome to the forum Larry and Cindy

And congrats on the new toy.

Welcome and congrats on the low mileage RV. It probably has the original tires which may need to be replaced not because of mileage but because of age.

Hope you have a lot of fun exploring in your RV.

The tires do leave a lot to be desired.  They are weather checked very badly and I will be replacing them this spring before taking our first trip, currently in storage and not wanting to put new tires on now to just sit. 
I checked the code and even though the coach is 7 years old the tires are 8 years old.  The code is 3211 so I take it's the 32nd week in 2011 when the tires were made. 

Hello Everyone! I am sooo excited to finally get our RV! Just a little family history... Our family are the "rescuers". All our animals are 'rescues', our vehicles are all 'basket case rescues', and we work very hard to improve and treat our rescues with tender loving care. That said, we are now the proud owners of a 31' 1989 Airex - total basket case. The poor thing has been used and abused and we picked her up for a song. Her outer shell is still intact but her interior leaves a lot to be desired. My husband will be working on the mechanical/engineering aspect and I will be working on the aesthetics. Our first project is the door. Anyway, I am off to try to locate a parts view of her door. It seems that is will be challenging as the little company filed Chapter 11 in 2009. I will keep everyone posted. I plan on keeping a photo-diary of our progress. I have specific needs and this beauty will be perfect!

Janette in Oregon

jschill61 said:
Hello Everyone! I am sooo excited to finally get our RV! Just a little family history... Our family are the "rescuers". All our animals are 'rescues', our vehicles are all 'basket case rescues', and we work very hard to improve and treat our rescues with tender loving care. That said, we are now the proud owners of a 31' 1989 Airex - total basket case. The poor thing has been used and abused and we picked her up for a song. Her outer shell is still intact but her interior leaves a lot to be desired. My husband will be working on the mechanical/engineering aspect and I will be working on the aesthetics. Our first project is the door. Anyway, I am off to try to locate a parts view of her door. It seems that is will be challenging as the little company filed Chapter 11 in 2009. I will keep everyone posted. I plan on keeping a photo-diary of our progress. I have specific needs and this beauty will be perfect!

Janette in Oregon
Hi Janette, Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new project!

Welcome to the RV forum Janette

Sounds like you have your hands full..Best of luck

The good news... Other than the physical shell. Very few RV companies make anything at all.
You have a sink? THey bought one from a supplier. DOOR? Yup Windows.. Microwave (Standard house type.. may be modified slightly) Fridge.. Dometic or NoCold..er. Norcold is standard.  Everything other than the floor (And I mean the FLOOR not the floor covering) wall and ceiling /Roof are 3-rd party

now Floor/Wall/Ceiling/roof.. Only a few ways to make those used by all RV companies so if they need work (INSPECT THE ROOF FOR LEAKS and clean it) the job is the same no matter if old or new one make or another.

So there is hope for you finding all you need.

Back
Top Bottom