Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RickV1955

New here and wanted to introduce myself....I am currently a police chief in Massachusetts and will be retiring in a couple of years...my wife and I are looking to sell our home and take to the road for (at least) a couple of years in either a motorhome or fifth wheel (we are leaning toward a fifth wheel right now, as they seem to have more room....we do want as big an area as possible where we will be living in it year round).
We are looking for information from people who are doing this (or have done it) who can give us "newbies" some tips...show us the ropes.  We would like to know what State (or possibly States) is the best to "base" out of (residency)...so far, we've heard that Texas is one of the best?  We would like to know just exactly how to go about establishing this "residency"...I can tell you that "Taxachusetts" is definitely NOT the place to be if you don't have a strong desire to donate most of your money to the government...Other things like info on Nationwide TV/internet...getting mail...best campgrounds...what to do, or maybe what not to do....any and all info would be helpful....
Thanks in advance.

Rick and Debi Vance
email:  [email protected]

There is a lot of ground to cover to answer your questions.  I suggest you start by perusing our library and reading the many documents there.  They will help you answer some of your questions, and help you to ask more specific ones relative to your situation.  There are a lot of us full timers here and we will be happy to help you in any way we can.

Hi Rick and Debi, welcome to our forum.

As Ned suggested, there's a wealth of information in our library - just click the Library button above and select one of the categories to see various articles.

Hi Rick and Debi,

Welcome to the RV Forum. Please look around the forum,  join in on any of the on going discussions, start new discussions, or ask questions. Thanks for joining us

Back
Top Bottom