Help! Black Water tank is cloged

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ChasA said:
There are companies that will come to you and power wash your tanks. Search for  "RV holding tank cleaning service". They will clean the tanks for real.
A few years ago I saw an RV tech pull a 3" x 2' turd out of a 5th wheel that had been sitting on a permanent site for a number of years with the black tank dump valve open.
You can do it yourself...  we do this at the end of every 6 months

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,120185.msg1095965.html#msg1095965

Don't forget what pushed this to the level it was lol me using the power washer attachment. I think yall may be right there is a block in the vent and it very well may be the slug from the hole that was cut to put the toilet in.... that scope is cool but will i be able to reach it with my shoulder high gloves hmmmm. Im sure I will have to address this sooner than later but for now givin the week and the holidays i just hope I cant hold off for a bit

Thersmith said:
Don't forget what pushed this to the level it was lol me using the power washer attachment. I think yall may be right there is a block in the vent and it very well may be the slug from the hole that was cut to put the toilet in.... that scope is cool but will i be able to reach it with my shoulder high gloves hmmmm. Im sure I will have to address this sooner than later but for now givin the week and the holidays i just hope I cant hold off for a bit

The one I mentioned and gave you a link, has a wire 16' long. There are many out there so you don't need to purchase this one.

so if i find it ......how will i get it out? I think i agree that it is blocked by something because when i open the valve there is nothing there but a trickle sooo either the hole exiting is blocked or....the plumbing line out is blocked. Right?

Now that you at least have a hole bored in the obstruction, I'd go back to the Rid-X (or similar enzyme product) with lots of water in the tank. Let the microbial action work for several days at least, maybe longer. With any luck that will be breaking down the solids into sludge that is flushable. Run that process a few times.

Thersmith said:
so if i find it ......how will i get it out? I think i agree that it is blocked by something because when i open the valve there is nothing there but a trickle sooo either the hole exiting is blocked or....the plumbing line out is blocked. Right?

One step at a time. Find it 1st if there is something there. If there is, then we can look at removal depending on what it is. Myself personally, I wouldn't do anything right now except using a camera.  I wouldn't use the toilet and take a chance of plugging it up again.

Thersmith said:
so if i find it ......how will i get it out?
I don't see any reference with what type of trailer you have.  For me and my travel trailer, the discharge is very close to the black tank.  I think if I took off my slide valves, I could reach and grab a chunk of plastic. 

Yeah no there is no way I could reach tank.  ive 2016 coachman freedom exspress. I did just go out to take a couple of pics and couldnt resist the urge to open the valve. whole cow I think it more open than it was...whoot whoot!

Thersmith said:
Yeah no there is no way I could reach tank.  ive 2016 coachman freedom exspress. I did just go out to take a couple of pics and couldnt resist the urge to open the valve. whole cow I think it more open than it was...whoot whoot!
Don't open that valve if the tank is almost empty. There's a good chance that only liquids will run out and the solids will just sit on the bottom of the tank.
Wait till the tank is around 2/3 full

Thersmith said:
Apologies it was a response to previous post as cost is about the same to buy equipment and do it yourself instead of paying for one off flush.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom