Help! EDPM Coatings, rubber roof

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sandra

Help! :( The roof is leaking again.  Have done Eternabond on all seams and edges.  Went on the web searching for answers.  Found this product from EDPM.  Wanted to get any feedback before I spend yet another $400 on this roof.  Again, It's an old MH with a aluminum roof.  Used Eternabond, Dicor and Kool-Coat already.  The roof has some ponding and I believe that is where the problem lies.  This product says it will fix all leaks, is easy to apply and will the results will give me a new looking and tight roof.

I just love this web site for all my "issues".  Hope everyone is having a great summer.  Mine has been spend working on this MH.

1980 26' Travelcraft Class C

The answer is "I do not know" I would try to address the "ponding" issues first,  but EDPM ruber roofs are the current standard..  Basiclly it is a single one=piece rubber roof  Don't get much more waterproof than that.

On my old popup though we used to get a lot of drips that were NOT LEAKS, they were  condensation as warm most air (Our out- breath) met with a roof that was being "Water cooled" by a rain storm.

Found this product from EDPM

And what product would that be, Sandra?  EPDM is not a product name or a manufacturer, as far as I know.

EDPM (actually it is EPDM) is a generic name for a large family of rubber roof sheeting materials and includes the older white chalky membrane and the newer hard finish (shiny) materials such as BritePly.  Are you contemplating tearing off the metal roof and replacing with EPDM rubber sheeting? That's a major job and is going to take more than $400 in materials too.

There are also brush or roll on coatings designed for rubber or metal roofs. Kool Seal is one of them, and it should have worked if the gaps were not too great. My guess is that you have loose metal or a weak roof structure that is continually "working" and opening up seems. If that is the case, I'm not sure that anything will last for very long.

Back
Top Bottom