Help: I found a 2005 Monaco Safari 38' Diesel pusher for $24,000

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No he isn't.

There are at least 2 ads for that coach, one in NY one in VA.

It's a scam.

Take the trip, forget the coach.

All you are helping is him to get your money, and you to get nothing.

I do IT for a living and I have seen this scenario a hundred times.

Jeff

I had my bank check out a similiar ad before I bought this coach. I had them handle the negotiations as they weren't going to wire money to anyone without checking them out. Turns out the seller copied his info to another coaches ad. Every once in a while you'll see an ad on E-Bay where the seller lets everyone know that's what happened.

Saw this same coach on Craigslist last week for 16,000.00. I replied to the ad for the heck of it. They wanted me to give them my ebay login to finalize the deal....lol.

Scam. Las Vegas was where the divorcee had the GMC for sale.

I didn't check the notice but is the language broken English?

Also, the person trying to sell the GMC claimed to have something to do with eBay.

Here is yet another one along the same lines:
Hello,
Still for sell.
My motor home is now in Las Vegas and i will ship from there to all USA.I used it last month and of course the maintenance was done a month ago.No dents,chips or scratches,slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions and comes with clear title and transferable warranty.
Its total price including shipping cost is USD$18,888 I am selling it because tomorrow I will go to my parents home in Australia(my husband has just died and all i want is to stay with my family and open a family business,I still have two children that give me strength and reason to start a new life).Importing it in Australia is not an option because of the high taxes involved.I hope the new buyer will keep with the motor home my husband spirit alive.
I would like to use eBay Vehicle Protection Program a third party service to handle this transaction for our own safety.
If you are interested regarding my motor home then send me your full name and shipping address(street,city,zip code,country) so i could contact eBay with your details to send you more info and all the details.
Thank you and have a lovely day.

Believe it if you want, the ebay angle is a scam. Just do a Google "ebay vehicle scam" search.

Hmmm, want to split it?  Just send me half the money.  Oh, and some personal info.  Yeah, that's the ticket.  Same type of scams going on with musical instruments.  Mandolins can cost as much as motorhomes, and a picture is worth a thousand words, yet they can be copied from legit ads for free. 

If I were to be selling something of great value I would put a watermark on the picture so that it couldn't be part of a scammers ad.

When you have something for sale, watch how many 'agents' of buyers in Europe respond.  Willing to pay double, so long as you give some of the check to the agent. 

My vote is 'scam', from start to finish. See it all the time on Craig's List; I like it when they state they want to complete the transaction through 'eBay's Buyer Protection Plan' for your satisfaction and protection. There is no such thing available when the listing is not through eBay.

Another tip-off to these types of ads are if the entire ad, text, pictures, seller's information, etc. is all one large 'image' file. The 'seller' creates the entire ad as one 'image' file so it can be uploaded to numerous sites with almost no effort and no time, instead of typing out an ad, uploading numerous images, etc. I've seen an ad for a specific RV listing show up in five or six different places around the US, and the premise is the RV is in storage, and the seller needs to leave the country. Another red-flag is they can offer free shipping to anywhere in the world due to being in the 'armed services'.

A fool and his money soon part...

Get a life, folks. I am surprised by how many of you are willing to discuss this subject... 30 plus including me.

Seems like a great waste of intelligent thinking to even consider this as valid discussion. Just pretend it never happened, you'll feel smarter.

Glad to be back.. carson FL

Same wording as Maxwell's scam he came across. The price and the brand are different. Same broken English and offer to "ship to anywhere in the USA."

I have to reply to this even though it might be a dead issue. "If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is", is very truthful in these cases. A couple years ago, while trying to find a coach that the wife and I could live in, I tried RVTrader for a search on $30,000.00 Class A rigs. Something like a 2003 Thor diesel, etc. came up. I emailed the lady (rig was in Annapolis, Md) asking for directions as I had family there to look at it. Reply came within a couple hours that she was living in California and the rig was at a shipping agent. I would pay them, they would bring it to my house and I could get a refund if I refused to accept it at that time. SCAM!!

Ran across another "too good to be true" on Craig's list. This was in Texas and when I emailed the ad I was told that he'd moved to Arizona and rig was at shipping agent. Same song and dance about paying with a full refund if I didn't like it upon delivery.

I did however find my rig on Ebay. It seemed  "too good to be true", a diesel pusher with slide for under $ 30,000.00. After checking the ebay feedback forum, finding out it was a dealer and placing a call to the business, I felt it was legitimate and confident to bid and win (only 3 hours left on auction when I located it). Had I not talked to the salesman, I would have passed on what turned out to be a decent starter home for tha wife and I to travel in. Some repairs have been necessary, but thanks to this forum, I have been able to make them myself.

this is DEFINITELY a SCAM!! Run! As fast as you can! I have run into three of these types of deals where they want to do the deal through Ebay. All of them want to go through "Ebay International".  If you can, get him to send you an email telling you how he wants you to do the deal, then forward it to Ebay's fraud dept. Look on the Ebay website and you'll be able to find it. Ebay will notify you right away that it is a scam and to back away as fast as you can.

Ramzfan said:
this is DEFINITELY a SCAM!! Run! As fast as you can! I have run into three of these types of deals where they want to do the deal through Ebay. All of them want to go through "Ebay International".  If you can, get him to send you an email telling you how he wants you to do the deal, then forward it to Ebay's fraud dept. Look on the Ebay website and you'll be able to find it. Ebay will notify you right away that it is a scam and to back away as fast as you can.

Its really looking that scam, its a big fraud on that time. Ebay website is also clearing that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tensch
Back
Top Bottom