HELP / INFO NEEDED REGARDING IMPORTING FROM USA TO UK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miniminx

Hi Guys

was wondering if you might be able to help me, or rather my ex-boyfriend Dean Hinder - 07887708135

he currently lives in a dodge titan - lovely bus but little on the small side - he's planning on getting a travel trailer (approx 30ish foot) with super slide but not having much luck finding exactly what he wants for right price in the Uk

we're considering purchasing a trailer from america and then importing it to the uk and was wondering if anyone could give us any info/help, particularly regarding:

- Any dealers in usa that can be recommended?
- Any dealers we should avoid!
- Is it best to ship from west or east coast of usa or doesnt it matter?
- Can we bring it in to bristol or southampton?
- How much does shipping cost?
- Do we need to pay tax in USA as well as UK
- Do we need to go to the states to view it?
- Do we need shippping insurance? Who is best to get this cover from? How much is it?
Any help much appreciated - cheers

Kind Regards
Maaike-Rose Dawson
[email protected]

Maaike-Rose,

We have a few articles in our library that would be worthwhile reading. Click the Library button above and select Visitors to the USA. You'll find answers to some of your questions there.

Meanwhile, we have a few members here who have done or are currently doing what you're planning to do. Hopefully they'll jump into the discussion.

I won't get into the good/bad dealer discussion, but I'm sure some folks will let you know about their experiences.

I would think that, from a cost standpoint, you'd want to ship from the east coast to the UK.

I wouldn't buy any RV without coming to see it first, or having a very trusted friend look at it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abrown666
Back
Top Bottom