HELP ME my wifes not laughing.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pat723

Well we just got back from Fort Polk La. from seeing our son who is the Army about a week ago.
We pulled the 5th wheel down there and it was so nice to get out of town for the  week.
Then after returning, I went to the rv show in Chicago and just looked around with my son in law.
We looked at some new 5th wheels and Class-A's.
When I got back to the house I said "well you should have went honey - I did not buy anything but I am thinking about it. I got one of this looks :mad:
So now I said "I will hold for a bit before buying anything...Then I got this look  :-\
Well boy let me tell you I thought I was doing good. Then I said, "I think it is time for us to get back on the road and go some where - I don't care where -  just close the office and go. Then, I got this look  :mad: .
Now my wife isn't a person who is that fond of traveling and just about then she reminded me of our trip we took to South Dakota. (Which was my idea to go there) She said "remember that trip honey??? Well I remembered her not wanting to go and saying "I'm not going out there - its summer time already here and probably hot as %^&* out there" I said "Come on babe...not according to the forecast - its supposed to be nice." Then I got this look  ??? 
Well, she was right...there was record heats out there .... and it was miserable to say the least. EVEN IN THE POOL...THAT WATER WAS LIKE A HOT TUB! It was my wife, myself 2 kids and our family dog all packed in that 29 ft. 5th wheel (with  no slides)...she was not a happy camper. All I can say is... thank god the air conditioning didn't quit. It was the only thing that saved me and the dog. I said "well since  its so hot lets go shopping. Then I got this look  ;D
So on the way home - I asked her if everyone enjoyed at least spending this tine together.....Then I got this look.... ::)
I said "now look at camping this way....you like to shop...I like to camp....and the dog likes to camp....think about the camper as one of the biggest suitcases that you can have....and just think about all the things that you can buy and carry home in that 5th wheel." Then I got this look  ;)
So after that trip I bought a bigger 5th wheel with slides and she liked that a whole lot more  :-*.
Now - this new trip (remember I asked her where she would like to go?) I'm leaving it up to her to decide where we should go. Well she has not answered that question yet. So I said " well - how about going to South Carolina fishing.... Well she does not like my idea.

Okay here is the question I am looking for some place to go south of Ill. a little east or west is fine. With good fishing and GREAT SHOPPING. any ideas?? Because I am stting here with this look :p

PS. I know this for sure.... The campground must be nice and well kept.
I said lets go camping  The look I got from my wife was  :p
My dog who is my faithful camping buddy gave me these looks  :) ;) :D ;D :eek: 8) :p :-* :-*.

Dang, I enjoyed the story so much, I almost missed the actual question!  :D  If you wanted to go way further south, I'd point you to East Texas, where the fishing is always good, and there's one of the largest outdoor flea markets in the US, if not the world.  There are numerous campgrounds around the area, but for "First Monday", you would have to be sure and reserve ahead.  First Monday is held in Canton, TX, around the weekend of...yeah, the First Monday of each month.  This flea market just about consumes the entire town and is really spectacular.  As for fishing, you have Lake Tawakoni close by, and Lake Fork not far from that, as well as Cedar Creek and Lake Palestine.  The possibilities are endless.  Anyway, that's only if you you're looking that far south.  It sounds like you may be wanting to stay a bit closer, so I'll let the "northners" step up now.

Ed
I would like to thank you for your response. I asked her she would like to try this area. She said that was a great idea. I know the fishing is good great in TX. I have fished @ Sam Rayburn Res. before..

Thanks alot
Pat

Pat,
You may want to troll that South Carolina lure past her again.  Santee Cooper fishing in the spring can be awfully good. 
Striped Bass and big Blue Catfish are everywhere.  Well...... that might have been yesterday... -or- tomorrow??

There's also the Outer Banks of North Carolina.  If you want some surf fishing lessons, give me a holler.

But what about the shopping for the Mrs. ???

Pat, we've yet to arrive in a strange town where Chris can't find shops within a driveable distance. It's like a homing instinct that they must have learned in girl classes.

Tom said:
Pat, we've yet to arrive a strange town where Chris can't find shops within a driveable distance. It's like a hoing instinct that they must have learned in girl classes.

I hope you meant "homing" instead of "hoing".

That was a typo Tom, thanks. You replied before I saw and fixed it.

I can't type to save my life, nor can I spot my own typos unless/until I do something else and come back to read my messages with a fresh view (which I almost always do). The strange thing is I can almost instantly spot other folks' typos without even reading what they wrote. I can't explain it, but it used to drive subordinates and colleagues nuts when I was working.

Firefox flagged hoing as a spelling error as soon as I typed it.

I have to concentrate on rereading my messages before I click on the Post button, but sometimes I don't catch an error until it's too late.  Good thing we have a Modify button :)

Like just now.

I don't use a spellchecker, either the one in FF or the one in SMF. Since I've never been able type, I'm looking at the keyboard, not the screen. Now, if someone could design a keyboard that lit up an incorrectly typed key. OTOH I prefer to read what I wrote, and this sometimes alerts me to the fact that I could have said something differently or in clearer language.

Tom,

Shopping is not something women have to learn.  They come wired that way from the factory.

LOL Lou, I believe you're right, but they must also come prewired with a GPS to find the stores where there aren't any.

You know I'm going to get in trouble from some of our members for this dialog :(

Tom, the spell checker would help when proof reading as the misspelled word would be underlined in red.  Often the eye will see one thing when you typed something else, the red underline draws attention to the word.

Tom

You scared me for a moment I thought you were telling me that I ( me) should start another JOB  :D no money made there I would be losing money worst then her shopping LOL

Pat

Ned,

I don't look at the monitor while I'm typing - as I said, I'm looking at the keyboard. Even if/when I look up from the keyboard, I don't see the red underline. Different strokes for different folks  ;)

BTW there was another typo in that prior message besides the one that Tom identified.

Tom said:
Ned,

I don't look at the monitor while I'm typing - as I said, I'm looking at the keyboard. Even if/when I look up from the keyboard, I don't see the red underline. Different strokes for different folks  ;)

Me to, but I type with 2 fingers on a good day 4 fingers. LOL

Me to, but I type with 2 fingers on a good day 4 fingers.

Well that's 1 & 2 fingers more than me. Chris tells me I'm the fastest 1-finger typist she knows, and I use 2 on a good day.

Tsk...Tsk...you men.  Didn't you guys take typing class in high school?

Tom J.  is it possible you are color blind and really don't see the red underline on the misspelled word?    ;)

Marsha~ who types NOT looking at the key board and uses all fingers.  However, I HATE to shop! 

Darn, got so involved in using all my 10 fingers for typing that I forgot to add something to the last message.

Pat 723, why don't you let your wife pick out where "She" wants to go.  If you are trying to do fishing and shopping in the same area, pick several places where the fishing will work for you and let her choose.

Better yet, put a message on here asking women where their favorite place to shop and camp is located.  Bet you get a bunch of ideas.  You could also join in on of our rallys, we have lots of women shoppers who would love to go shopping with your wife.

BTW, I'd rather go fishing!

Marsha~

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KEC
Back
Top Bottom